    any ideas where i go from here, can only find email for sipgate a not a
    phone number

    paul

    Paul, Jan 18, 2007

  2. Paul

    Alan Foster Guest

    On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:26:06 -0000, Paul <> wrote:

    > Hi there
    >
    > bought the above a few days ago sealed from staples. finally managed to
    > get
    > into it with 192.168.61.1 only to find someone elses account info on the
    > voip page
    >
    > when i try to register it with sipgate it tells me where to go.
    >
    > this was bought sealed from staples in the UK.
    >
    > any ideas where i go from here, can only find email for sipgate a not a
    > phone number
    >
    > paul

    A couple of years ago, I bought a HP CDRW drive from them - it was a bit
    flakey - then I noticed a sticker on the casing which gave the information
    that it had been factory reconditioned!!
    I took it straight back and asked for a refund, complaining that it had
    been sold as new. There was no arguement - they gave me my money with a
    'don't know how that happened mate!'.
    I suggest you do the same!

    Alan

    Alan Foster, Jan 18, 2007

  3. Paul

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:29:38 -0000, "Alan Foster" <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:26:06 -0000, Paul <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi there
    >>
    >> bought the above a few days ago sealed from staples. finally managed to
    >> get
    >> into it with 192.168.61.1 only to find someone elses account info on the
    >> voip page
    >>
    >> when i try to register it with sipgate it tells me where to go.
    >>
    >> this was bought sealed from staples in the UK.
    >>
    >> any ideas where i go from here, can only find email for sipgate a not a
    >> phone number
    >>
    >> paul
    >>

    >A couple of years ago, I bought a HP CDRW drive from them - it was a bit
    >flakey - then I noticed a sticker on the casing which gave the information
    >that it had been factory reconditioned!!
    >I took it straight back and asked for a refund, complaining that it had
    >been sold as new. There was no arguement - they gave me my money with a
    >'don't know how that happened mate!'.
    >I suggest you do the same!
    >
    >Alan

    I agree - a good excuse to get out of being tied to Sipgate. Best to
    spend your money on an unlocked ATA and choose your own deal. There
    are some very good deals available to you.
    I know at least one person who will disagree but Sipgate doesn't have
    the best of reputations for reliability.
    If it were me I'd get my money back pronto and then come back here for
    advice on what ATA to buy and provider to use instead.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jan 18, 2007
  4. Paul

    -ip.co.uk Guest

    On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:52:02 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >I know at least one person who will disagree but Sipgate doesn't have
    >the best of reputations for reliability.

    I agree whole heartedly with what you are saying here Brian didn't
    know they had started supplying locked ATA's via UK retailers though
    looks like Staples are going out of their way to sully their
    reasonable reputation by selling that muck .
    Nothing wrong with them selling locked ATA's they used to stock Vonage
    and by going from Vonage to Sipgate it is like the Queen leaving Buck
    house and moving into a squat in Londons east end .

    -ip.co.uk, Jan 18, 2007
  5. Paul

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there
    >
    > bought the above a few days ago sealed from staples. finally managed to
    > get into it with 192.168.61.1 only to
    > find someone elses account info on the voip page
    >
    > when i try to register it with sipgate it tells me where
    > to go.
    > this was bought sealed from staples in the UK.
    >
    > any ideas where i go from here, can only find email for
    > sipgate a not a phone number

    There isn't a direct phone support number, only email. I know of one
    person who will complain bitterly about this, but most people here ignore
    him.

    As others have suggested, take it back to where you bought it, or you
    could try erasing the configuration on Sipgate's website (there is an
    option to do this there) and then try downloading your own info again.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 19, 2007
  6. Paul

    Scope Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > Hi there
    >
    > bought the above a few days ago sealed from staples. finally managed to get
    > into it with 192.168.61.1 only to find someone elses account info on the
    > voip page

    Just out of interest, can these be unlocked like the Vonage ATAs?

    Scope, Feb 13, 2007