New Neatimage 4.0

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pier, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. Pier

    Pier Guest

    WHAT'S NEW IN THE LATEST VERSION

    [+] New
    [*] Changes
    [-] Fixed

    4.0 Pro+ edition

    + New noise reduction engine with drastically improved filtration
    quality:
    + high resolution mode to produce sharper results (more details are
    retained)
    + conservative sharpening mode to sharpen image without producing
    halos
    * noise-like textures are preserved better and produce no artifacts

    + .. and significantly increased processing speed:
    + in the high quality mode, Neat Image works more then two times
    faster
    than v3.x
    + in the normal quality mode, processing is even faster

    + Standard and Advanced interface modes for beginners and experienced
    Neat Image users

    + Built-in Calibration Target for noise profiling of digital cameras,
    flatbed and film scanners

    + Auto Profiler to automatically build a noise profile using either
    the input image or an image of the Calibration Target

    + Batch Profiler to automatically build a set of profiles using images
    of the Calibration Target

    + Profile Converter to convert v2.x-3.x profiles to v4.x format

    + Profile Auto Match, Auto Build, Auto Fine-Tune in batch processing
    + Advanced support of Photoshop actions by plug-in:
    possibility of doing Auto Match, Auto Build, Auto Fine-Tune in
    actions

    + Profile match level indicator to show how good is the match between
    profile and image

    * Improved Profile Matcher with added matching parameters:
    Resolution, Sharpening

    * Improved accuracy of Auto Fine-Tuning

    * Improved support for grayscale images
    * Improved preview panels in file open dialogs

    www.neatimage.com

    Pier
    --
    Pierre Wiget
    http://www.pbase.com/pier/dscf828
    Pier, Apr 6, 2004

  2. Pier

    John Guest

    On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 10:48:53 +0200, Pier <> wrote:

    >WHAT'S NEW IN THE LATEST VERSION
    >
    >www.neatimage.com
    >
    >Pier

    Thanks for your post and alerting at least me, that there is now a new
    vesrion of Neat Image. This is an amazing plug-in for eliminating
    noise from images, whether from digital cameras or scanned film.

    John
    John, Apr 6, 2004

  3. Pier

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    John wrote:
    > On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 10:48:53 +0200, Pier <> wrote:
    >
    >> WHAT'S NEW IN THE LATEST VERSION
    >>
    >> www.neatimage.com
    >>
    >> Pier

    > Thanks for your post and alerting at least me, that there is now a new
    > vesrion of Neat Image. This is an amazing plug-in for eliminating
    > noise from images, whether from digital cameras or scanned film.

    Version 4 is a HUGE improvement over v.3. I could get v.3
    to work properly ONLY if I tweaked it manually (a rather
    time-consuming process) while v.4 seems to work fine in
    automatic at least 75% of the times. Best of all, the update
    is FREE to registered users.
    Paolo Pizzi, Apr 6, 2004