New mousepad for Bigal - Thermaltake Gamma Pad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigal, Nov 16, 2005.

  1. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hey boys and girls, my LAN party last weekend identified a need for a better mouse pad to support my one optical mouse (a cheap logitech unit, the M-B J58). All my other systems use Kensington trackball mice (expert mouse on most of them). So I found this Thermaltake Gamma Pad at CompUSA tonight for $25, and decided to give it a shot. The cool LED display is what sold me, otherwise I might have bought a plain metal-type surface pad.

    And here's at review by Overclocker Cafe:

    http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/mouse/Tt_Gamma-Pad

    They seem to like it, and I do too. There are seven LED colors to choose from, so it looks good with my blue-LED Logisys keyboard.

    Oh, did I mention gaming? Here are some pictures from the event:

    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

    Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
    bigal, Nov 16, 2005

  2. bigal

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    I didn't realize you could pick what color LED you wanted to be on, I thought you just bought a mat that that had a specific color. Now that pad seems more worth it to me.

    Silverstrand, Nov 16, 2005

  3. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Yes, it's pretty sweet...

    ....I didn't know that either, back when it came out. This really goes well with my modding mentality.

    bigal, Nov 16, 2005
  4. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Me either, damn, I'd have bought one if I'd known that. Ain't likely to get back to CompUSA any time soon now either, darn... EBAY AWAY!

    The Modfather, Nov 16, 2005
  5. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Yes. Go away eBay :p Looks like a good mouse pad, but I've only ever used those cheap piece of crap foam-with-fabric $1 mouse pads before, so I don't know the difference in feel or performance or anything.

    XhArD, Nov 16, 2005
  6. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    mouse pads help glide ability, my mx518 is on this board (its like a rubber, more of a plastic rubber), its a cutting board but for arts and crafts. works well.

    I have a branded pad with gel, the gel is too high :|

    That looks like a mouse pad worth checken out al, thanks for the heads up :D

    unholy, Nov 16, 2005
  7. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    So....

    ...has anybody been able to try this out yet? I like the ability to match the light on the pad to the Antec light rods I have under the LCD monitor.

    bigal, Nov 27, 2005
  8. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Nah, the holidays are too close, I can't spend any money until Janurary at the earliest I'm afraid. Unless someone wants to send me one to review.

    The Modfather, Nov 27, 2005
  9. bigal

    unholy

    Joined: