    from the bottom right cornet tot he top left corner in about 12 seconds
    without me touching it.
    How do I set it so the damn thing stays where it's left?
    Meanim, Dec 3, 2007

  2. Meanim

    sandy58 Guest

    On Dec 3, 9:43 am, "Meanim" <> wrote:
    > I've just got another new mouse, exactly he same as my old one, wired
    > through the USB port, same settings as the old one but the damn cursor skips
    > around the screen like a rat on speed. If I just leave it, it makes it's way
    > from the bottom right cornet tot he top left corner in about 12 seconds
    > without me touching it.
    > How do I set it so the damn thing stays where it's left?

    Diver's Lead Bootz???
    Sorry, mate. Have you tried it on another PC? Saves a lot of time &
    cash to test on another PC (or monitor for monitor problems). BTW,
    what happened to your old mouse? USB port OK, I suppose?
    sandy58, Dec 3, 2007

  3. Meanim

    Meanim Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    > On Dec 3, 9:43 am, "Meanim" <> wrote:
    >> I've just got another new mouse, exactly he same as my old one, wired
    >> through the USB port, same settings as the old one but the damn cursor
    >> skips
    >> around the screen like a rat on speed. If I just leave it, it makes it's
    >> way
    >> from the bottom right cornet tot he top left corner in about 12 seconds
    >> without me touching it.
    >> How do I set it so the damn thing stays where it's left?

    > Diver's Lead Bootz???
    > Sorry, mate. Have you tried it on another PC? Saves a lot of time &
    > cash to test on another PC (or monitor for monitor problems). BTW,
    > what happened to your old mouse? USB port OK, I suppose?

    Yeah its the same on another monitor. USB is fine. Other mouse was eaten by
    the dog! (No teeth marks on this one ...yet)
    Meanim, Dec 3, 2007
  4. Meanim

    Brian Guest

    I assume it's an optical mouse? Are you using the same mouse pad for both
    computers? With optical mice if it cannot detect a difference in the
    surface it tends to drift, not sure that it would cause the bouncing around
    on the screen "rat on speed" but if a different mouse pad doesnt work, I'd
    bring it back because the optical tracking is not working

    "Meanim" <> wrote in message

    Brian, Dec 5, 2007