New Mouse & Keyboard

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hello.

    I've got a new Microsoft cordless optical Keyboard & Mouse after
    having a Logitech cordless one for quite a while.

    Some of my customisable buttons don't work though. In the Getting
    Started leaflet it says to goto Programs and either IntelliType Pro or
    IntelliPoint software in the Microsoft Keyboard or Mouse folders. I
    don't have these folders on my computer, and the keyboard and mouse
    came without any disks.

    Anyone know if this software is downloadable? The Web/Home button
    works fine, but none of the others do.

    Apart from that slight issue I am pretty happy with the new keyboard.
    I liked the Logitech one a lot but I needed to upgrade. The previous
    Mouse needed replacing and I needed a new keyboard with softer keys.
    I always preferred Microsoft Mouses, but liked the Logitech Keyboards.

    The only thing I don't like on the Microsoft one is the Delete key is
    a lot bigger and has there are only 5 buttons in that location now.
    The insert key has moved to the bottom of the PrtScn button and I
    think I sometimes need to press the F Lock key to active screen
    printing which I use a fair bit. Plus the End button has move to the
    top right corner so I keep pressing Page Down or Delete instead of the
    End button.

    The only thing I don't like about the optical mouse is I can't sit
    with the mouse in my hand (arms folded) and move the ball with my
    finger to navigate around my screen. I always used to sit like that
    and never used the mouse mat. People used to wonder how I was doing
    that without a mouse as they couldn't see it :)

    It was only about £28 so that's quite good. The Logitech one probably
    cost me double that 4 years ago. When you can get the Wireless Laser
    Mice for a low price I'll probably upgrade to that as well in another
    few years.

    Those attachments that go at the bottom of your keyboard though for
    resting your hands on, does anybody bother with them? I don't like
    them personally and never use them.

    Anyway thanks for any help with the buttons/software issue.

    John
    John, Oct 26, 2004

  2. John

    HF Guest

    Software comes with keyboard. Chase your supplier.
    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Hello.
    >
    > I've got a new Microsoft cordless optical Keyboard & Mouse after
    > having a Logitech cordless one for quite a while.
    >
    > Some of my customisable buttons don't work though. In the Getting
    > Started leaflet it says to goto Programs and either IntelliType Pro or
    > IntelliPoint software in the Microsoft Keyboard or Mouse folders. I
    > don't have these folders on my computer, and the keyboard and mouse
    > came without any disks.
    >
    > Anyone know if this software is downloadable? The Web/Home button
    > works fine, but none of the others do.
    >
    > Apart from that slight issue I am pretty happy with the new keyboard.
    > I liked the Logitech one a lot but I needed to upgrade. The previous
    > Mouse needed replacing and I needed a new keyboard with softer keys.
    > I always preferred Microsoft Mouses, but liked the Logitech Keyboards.
    >
    > The only thing I don't like on the Microsoft one is the Delete key is
    > a lot bigger and has there are only 5 buttons in that location now.
    > The insert key has moved to the bottom of the PrtScn button and I
    > think I sometimes need to press the F Lock key to active screen
    > printing which I use a fair bit. Plus the End button has move to the
    > top right corner so I keep pressing Page Down or Delete instead of the
    > End button.
    >
    > The only thing I don't like about the optical mouse is I can't sit
    > with the mouse in my hand (arms folded) and move the ball with my
    > finger to navigate around my screen. I always used to sit like that
    > and never used the mouse mat. People used to wonder how I was doing
    > that without a mouse as they couldn't see it :)
    >
    > It was only about £28 so that's quite good. The Logitech one probably
    > cost me double that 4 years ago. When you can get the Wireless Laser
    > Mice for a low price I'll probably upgrade to that as well in another
    > few years.
    >
    > Those attachments that go at the bottom of your keyboard though for
    > resting your hands on, does anybody bother with them? I don't like
    > them personally and never use them.
    >
    > Anyway thanks for any help with the buttons/software issue.
    >
    > John

    ---
    HF, Oct 26, 2004

  3. John

    Pepperoni Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx

    Pepperoni, Oct 26, 2004
  4. John

    Matt Pascoe Guest

    Want a lot from a simple keyboard. Maybe should upgrade more important
    ingredients of a computer

    Matt Pascoe, Oct 26, 2004
  5. John

    John Guest

    On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:40:20 +0100, A strange species called "Matt
    Pascoe" <> wrote:

    >Want a lot from a simple keyboard. Maybe should upgrade more important
    >ingredients of a computer

    You don't regard a keyboard and mouse as an important ingredient of a
    computer???

    What other ingredients of my computer should I upgrade? If you let me
    know I'll give you a response!

    John
    John, Oct 27, 2004
  6. John

    John Guest

    Thanks guys

    John
    John, Oct 27, 2004
  7. John

    Matt Pascoe Guest

    Sorry I was out of order, I must admit I have bought a brand new £57.99
    keyboard with many button functions to go with my Pentium 133 too.

    Matt Pascoe, Oct 27, 2004
  8. John

    John Guest

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:20:10 +0100, A strange species called "Matt
    Pascoe" <> wrote:

    >Sorry I was out of order,

    Or perhaps psychic to know what kind of computer I have perhaps?

    >I must admit I have bought a brand new £57.99
    >keyboard with many button functions to go with my Pentium 133 too.

    To coin an american expression "whatEVER!"

    John
    John, Oct 28, 2004