    might be time for a new mb while Im at It. Im looking for a fast chipset, 8x
    agp, usb 2.0, firewire, sata, and onboard sound. I was looking at a few on
    newegg and thought id get some advice. Thanks Jay

    jay, Feb 27, 2004

  2. jay

    Basket Case Guest

    "jay" <> wrote in message
    news:k7I%b.1335$...
    > Im getting ready for some upgrading and was wanting some mb

    recomendations.
    > Im looking at xp 2800 or a xp 3000. I currently have a msi kt3v mb and Im
    > getting a new case and cpu and thought that since Im getting a new case It
    > might be time for a new mb while Im at It. Im looking for a fast chipset,

    8x
    > agp, usb 2.0, firewire, sata, and onboard sound. I was looking at a few on
    > newegg and thought id get some advice. Thanks Jay

    Asus A7N8X-E Delux has all those features. That's the board I am currently
    using and I am very happy with it.

    -BC

    Basket Case, Feb 27, 2004

  3. jay

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "jay" <> wrote in

    > Im getting ready for some upgrading and was wanting some mb
    > recomendations. Im looking at xp 2800 or a xp 3000. I currently have a
    > msi kt3v mb and Im getting a new case and cpu and thought that since
    > Im getting a new case It might be time for a new mb while Im at It. Im
    > looking for a fast chipset, 8x agp, usb 2.0, firewire, sata, and
    > onboard sound. I was looking at a few on newegg and thought id get
    > some advice. Thanks Jay

    If you are staying with an Athlon XP system, get an Asus A7N8X-Deluxe, and
    an Athlon XP 2500+ Mobile (Athlon XP-M). They fit into a regular socket A
    motherboard, and since they are mobile chips their default voltage is 1.4
    instead of 1.65, and they are multiplier unlocked. Simply drop the chip
    in, up the voltage to 1.65 and change the FSB from 333 to 400 and you have
    an Athlon XP 3200+. You can typically overclock those chips from their
    stock speed to between 2.4 and 2.7 ghz, and a mobile XP 2500+ is only $25
    more expensive then a desktop 2500+.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)