    Dawn Guest

    Do I have to erase my hard drive in order to install a new motherboard.
    Dawn

    Dawn, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Dawn

    Alex Devlin Guest

    On 08 Feb 2004, Dawn wrote:

    > Do I have to erase my hard drive in order to install a new motherboard.
    > Dawn

    Try doing it without and see if Windows takes to it ok.
    If it doesn't and starts giving errors then do a fresh install.
    I have done it in the past with no problems but also had to do a fresh
    install once or twice.

    --
    Alex Devlin

    Good friends will bail you out of jail...
    ... True friends will be sitting there with you saying "Damn. That was
    fun!"

    Alex Devlin, Feb 8, 2004

  3. If you're using XP boot from the CD and use the "repair" option. Win98 or
    ME would advise format and re-install.
    --

    Kenny

    Kenny Cargill, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Dawn

    mark mandel Guest

    "Dawn" <> wrote in message
    > Do I have to erase my hard drive in order to install a new motherboard.
    > Dawn

    If it's Win98, there's the hassle of downloading drivers(either through
    Windows\options\cabs)or using the CD provided drivers for the various
    devices.
    It can be a true test of how patient you are. But once you get through, the
    OS should work fine.

    Mark Mandell

    mark mandel, Feb 9, 2004