    but eventually does go into the POST and boot up. I don't know where to
    start with this so if anyone could help me I'd appreciate it.

    It is a Biostar M7VIG 400 motherboard, with Phoenix BIOS.

    Abpoc, Apr 15, 2006

  2. Abpoc

    philo Guest

    Abpoc wrote:
    > Ok this is weird, my old motherboard died so I got a new one, installed
    > everything and when I start the computer it says something along the
    > lines of "CPU fan won't spin, press F1 to ignore this message." Yet,
    > the CPU fan IS spinning. If I do press F1 to ignore, it takes a while
    > but eventually does go into the POST and boot up. I don't know where to
    > start with this so if anyone could help me I'd appreciate it.
    >
    > It is a Biostar M7VIG 400 motherboard, with Phoenix BIOS.

    which header do you have the fan plugged into?

    philo, Apr 15, 2006

  3. Abpoc

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Abpoc spewed forth:
    > Ok this is weird, my old motherboard died so I got a new one,
    > installed everything and when I start the computer it says something
    > along the lines of "CPU fan won't spin, press F1 to ignore this
    > message." Yet, the CPU fan IS spinning. If I do press F1 to ignore,
    > it takes a while but eventually does go into the POST and boot up. I
    > don't know where to start with this so if anyone could help me I'd
    > appreciate it.
    >
    > It is a Biostar M7VIG 400 motherboard, with Phoenix BIOS.

    Does the CPU fan have two wires or three? Are you sure you have it plugged
    into the CPU fan socket on the motherboard, and not a socket for a case
    fane?

    --
    My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she was
    God and I didn't.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 15, 2006
  4. Abpoc

    old man Guest

    I get this msg on an Asus mobo in which I'm using AMD 'cool and quite' (or
    similar named)
    Once F1'd to continue boots up fine. From reccollection (its been a while)
    this msg only appeared after installing above.

    old man, Apr 15, 2006
  5. Abpoc

    Abpoc Guest

    The fan has 3 wires. According to the motherboard documentation, the
    fan is correctly connected to the "CPU Fan Connector (JCFAN1)" Yes, it
    does boot up properly after pressing F1, but it takes a couple minutes
    after pressing F1 to actually begin to boot. This isn't a huge problem,
    but if it is possible to fix I'd like to. Thanks for the help so far
    though...

    Abpoc, Apr 16, 2006
  6. Abpoc

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Abpoc spewed forth:
    > The fan has 3 wires. According to the motherboard documentation, the
    > fan is correctly connected to the "CPU Fan Connector (JCFAN1)" Yes, it
    > does boot up properly after pressing F1, but it takes a couple minutes
    > after pressing F1 to actually begin to boot. This isn't a huge
    > problem, but if it is possible to fix I'd like to. Thanks for the
    > help so far though...

    I'm not one to advocate BIOS updates very often, but you might consider
    checking the motherboard manufacturer's web site to see if there are any
    updates available.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 16, 2006
  7. Abpoc

    Abpoc Guest

    Alright thanks, I didn't really want to update BIOS either but it could
    fix it. Thanks for the help

    Abpoc, Apr 16, 2006