    going to transfer the pictures off my old screen to my new one.

    --
    SharkSYA

    SharkSYA, Dec 24, 2003

  2. SharkSYA

    PseUDO Guest

    "SharkSYA" <> wrote in message news:3fe8ddab$...
    > I'm getting a new screen for Christmas but I'm worried how they are are
    > going to transfer the pictures off my old screen to my new one.
    >

    > --
    > SharkSYA

    You can buy some of that desktop icon remover coating stuff, (about $19.95
    at The Warehouse) and carefully apply that to your old screen , making sure
    to press out any bubbles that come up on it.

    Then when it's nicely spread out , peel it off and with any luck your
    desktop icons will be stuck to the plastic, then place the plastic on your
    new screen and use the special spray that comes in the spray bottle, put
    some of that on to the plastic and wait about 5 mins.

    Then peel of the plastic again and your icons will be good as new on your
    new screen.

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Dec 24, 2003

  3. SharkSYA

    JJD Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 13:56:58 +1300, "PseUDO" <>
    wrote:

    >"SharkSYA" <> wrote in message news:3fe8ddab$...
    >> I'm getting a new screen for Christmas but I'm worried how they are are
    >> going to transfer the pictures off my old screen to my new one.
    >>

    >You can buy some of that desktop icon remover coating stuff, (about $19.95
    >at The Warehouse) and carefully apply that to your old screen , making sure
    >to press out any bubbles that come up on it.
    >
    >Then when it's nicely spread out , peel it off and with any luck your
    >desktop icons will be stuck to the plastic, then place the plastic on your
    >new screen and use the special spray that comes in the spray bottle, put
    >some of that on to the plastic and wait about 5 mins.
    >
    >Then peel of the plastic again and your icons will be good as new on your
    >new screen.

    That's just bloody ridiculous! Everyone knows the icons are stuck on
    the inside of the screen, where you can't get at them. It's a
    Microsoft thing to stop you fiddling.

    JJD

    JJD, Dec 24, 2003
  4. SharkSYA

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "SharkSYA" <> wrote in message news:3fe8ddab$...
    > I'm getting a new screen for Christmas but I'm worried how they are are
    > going to transfer the pictures off my old screen to my new one.
    >

    > --
    > SharkSYA

    Not many people would bother, but if you're sure you want to see your old
    pictures that badly. You're going to have to smash out the screen on the
    new monitor so that you can then fit the screen from from your old monitor
    with all the great pictures on it into your nice new monitor.

    How old are you, sonny? Only a well trained fully qualified technician like
    Roger should do such a highly skillful transfer.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Dec 24, 2003
  5. On 24 Dec 2003, E. Scrooge wrote

    > "SharkSYA" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm getting a new screen for Christmas but I'm worried how they are
    >> are going to transfer the pictures off my old screen to my new one.
    >>

    >> --
    >> SharkSYA

    > Not many people would bother, but if you're sure you want to see your
    > old pictures that badly. You're going to have to smash out the screen
    > on the new monitor so that you can then fit the screen from from your
    > old monitor with all the great pictures on it into your nice new
    > monitor.
    >
    > How old are you, sonny? Only a well trained fully qualified
    > technician like Roger should do such a highly skillful transfer.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    I would have thought that requirement would have ruled him out
    completely.

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    - Not nearly enough is already way too much ...

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Dec 24, 2003
  6. On 24 Dec 2003, JJD wrote

    > On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 13:56:58 +1300, "PseUDO" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"SharkSYA" <> wrote in message
    >>> I'm getting a new screen for Christmas but I'm worried how they are
    >>> are going to transfer the pictures off my old screen to my new one.
    >>>

    >>You can buy some of that desktop icon remover coating stuff, (about
    >>$19.95 at The Warehouse) and carefully apply that to your old screen ,
    >>making sure to press out any bubbles that come up on it.
    >>
    >>Then when it's nicely spread out , peel it off and with any luck your
    >>desktop icons will be stuck to the plastic, then place the plastic on
    >>your new screen and use the special spray that comes in the spray
    >>bottle, put some of that on to the plastic and wait about 5 mins.
    >>
    >>Then peel of the plastic again and your icons will be good as new on
    >>your new screen.
    >>

    > That's just bloody ridiculous! Everyone knows the icons are stuck on
    > the inside of the screen, where you can't get at them. It's a
    > Microsoft thing to stop you fiddling.
    >
    > JJD

    But just think of all the fun he can have trying.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Dec 24, 2003
  7. SharkSYA

    Warwick Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 13:27:39 +1300, SharkSYA wrote:

    > I'm getting a new screen for Christmas but I'm worried how they are are
    > going to transfer the pictures off my old screen to my new one.

    Easy. Take a screenshot of your existing desktop.
    put all your icons in the recycle bin.
    then set the screenshot as wallpaper.

    cheers
    Warwick

    Warwick, Dec 24, 2003
  8. SharkSYA

    ac Guest

    In article <3fe8ddab$>, says...
    > I'm getting a new screen for Christmas but I'm worried how they are are
    > going to transfer the pictures off my old screen to my new one.

    Have you tried taking a pencil rubbing? That works best for me.
    But with these high tech days I now take a shot with my digital camera.

    ac, Dec 24, 2003
  9. SharkSYA

    Ben Dover Guest

    I ended up photo copying my old screen, and just sticking the copy on the
    new screen!

    Ben Dover, Dec 24, 2003
  10. SharkSYA

    ac Guest

    In article <0aaGb.38841$>,
    says...
    > I ended up photo copying my old screen, and just sticking the copy on the
    > new screen!

    You want to be careful with that.. photocopier glass surfaces aren't
    designed to support that sort of weight. I prresume you arranged a
    crane in order to get the job done..

    ac, Dec 24, 2003
  11. SharkSYA

    harry Guest

    ac wrote:
    > In article <0aaGb.38841$>,
    > says...
    >> I ended up photo copying my old screen, and just sticking the copy
    >> on the new screen!
    >>

    > You want to be careful with that.. photocopier glass surfaces aren't
    > designed to support that sort of weight. I prresume you arranged a
    > crane in order to get the job done..

    They will take the weight of a partially disrobed secretary this time of
    year, so I'm told.

    harry, Dec 24, 2003
  12. SharkSYA

    T.N.O. Guest

    harry wrote:
    > They will take the weight of a partially disrobed secretary this time of
    > year, so I'm told.

    at my old work the boss hit the copy button when the accounts chick was
    on it after the work party... very funny, it was pinned to the wall for
    weeks.

    T.N.O., Dec 24, 2003
  13. SharkSYA

    GraB Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 13:27:39 +1300, "SharkSYA" <> wrote:

    >I'm getting a new screen for Christmas but I'm worried how they are are
    >going to transfer the pictures off my old screen to my new one.

    Firmly clamp the monitor cable near the monitor plug, transfer it to
    the new monitor and then release the clamp. Works for me.

    GraB, Dec 24, 2003
  14. Hi there,

    Warwick wrote:
    > On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 13:27:39 +1300, SharkSYA wrote:
    >

    >>I'm getting a new screen for Christmas but I'm worried how they are are
    >>going to transfer the pictures off my old screen to my new one.

    > Easy. Take a screenshot of your existing desktop.
    > put all your icons in the recycle bin.
    > then set the screenshot as wallpaper.

    Even better...do that to someone elses machine while they've popped
    away from it for a while... :)

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Dec 24, 2003
  15. SharkSYA

    Graham Guest

    SharkSYA wrote:

    > I'm getting a new screen for Christmas but I'm worried how they are are
    > going to transfer the pictures off my old screen to my new one.
    >
    > --
    > SharkSYA

    Umm... the pictures arrive at the monitor via your cable. They come from
    your computer.

    Sheez.

    Graham, Dec 26, 2003
  16. SharkSYA

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:11:14 +1300, Graham wrote:

    > SharkSYA wrote:
    >>
    >> I'm getting a new screen for Christmas but I'm worried how they are are
    >> going to transfer the pictures off my old screen to my new one.
    >>
    >> --
    >> SharkSYA

    > Umm... the pictures arrive at the monitor via your cable. They come from
    > your computer.
    >
    > Sheez.

    What rubbish. How would pictures that size fit down such a small cable?

    -[Myth]-, Dec 26, 2003
  17. On 27 Dec 2003, -[Myth]- wrote

    > On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:11:14 +1300, Graham wrote:
    >
    >> SharkSYA wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I'm getting a new screen for Christmas but I'm worried how they are
    >>> are going to transfer the pictures off my old screen to my new one.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> SharkSYA

    >> Umm... the pictures arrive at the monitor via your cable. They come
    >> from your computer.
    >>
    >> Sheez.

    > What rubbish. How would pictures that size fit down such a small
    > cable?

    Sensayuma deficit disorder.

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    - Those who can, do. Those who can't, criticise. The rest teach.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Dec 26, 2003
  18. SharkSYA

    Enkidu Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:29:16 +1300, "-[Myth]-"
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:11:14 +1300, Graham wrote:
    >
    >> SharkSYA wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I'm getting a new screen for Christmas but I'm worried how they are are
    >>> going to transfer the pictures off my old screen to my new one.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> SharkSYA

    >> Umm... the pictures arrive at the monitor via your cable. They come from
    >> your computer.
    >>
    >> Sheez.

    >What rubbish. How would pictures that size fit down such a small cable?

    They are sliced up thin and stuck together by the circuits in the
    monitor.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    --

    Christmas comes but once a year, thank the gods. I don't think
    that I could cope with twice.

    Enkidu, Dec 26, 2003
  19. SharkSYA

    SharkSYA Guest

    "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:29:16 +1300, "-[Myth]-"
    > <> wrote:

    are

    > >> Umm... the pictures arrive at the monitor via your cable. They come

    from
    > >> your computer.
    > >>
    > >> Sheez.

    > >What rubbish. How would pictures that size fit down such a small cable?

    > They are sliced up thin and stuck together by the circuits in the
    > monitor.

    Now imagine that you call out to a client's house and they ask you that in
    all seriousness. It happened to a mate of mine who is also in the business.

    --
    SharkSYA

    SharkSYA, Dec 27, 2003
  20. On 27 Dec 2003, SharkSYA wrote

    > "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:29:16 +1300, "-[Myth]-"
    >> <> wrote:

    >> >What rubbish. How would pictures that size fit down such a small
    >> >cable?

    >> They are sliced up thin and stuck together by the circuits in the
    >> monitor.

    > Now imagine that you call out to a client's house and they ask you
    > that in all seriousness. It happened to a mate of mine who is also in
    > the business.

    Keeping a straight face would probably be the first hurdle.

    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    - Help keep your environment beautiful - shoot a TAGGER today!

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Dec 27, 2003