    Does anyone know what is comning out from Canon with the new models (20?)
    that will be presented to the market next february? Will be something real
    new or just some slight remake?

    David, Dec 23, 2003

  2. David

    Bob Hatch Guest

    "David" <> wrote in message
    news:UA2Gb.209947$...
    > Does anyone know what is comning out from Canon with the new models (20?)
    > that will be presented to the market next february? Will be something real
    > new or just some slight remake?

    Most everybody in the marketing department of Canon has this information,
    but they are not talking.

    --
    "Secular nations have one thing in common -- mass graves, and
    the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter

    Bob Hatch, Dec 23, 2003

  3. "David" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know what is comning out from Canon with the new models

    (20?)
    > that will be presented to the market next february? Will be something

    real
    > new or just some slight remake?

    What do you think, knowing the effort to design these things, and how
    marketing driven things are? My guess is one or two new models, in two or
    three different colours, with zoom or fixed lenses. Should easily be able
    to make twenty out of that!

    I suspect it's pure marketing to be honest, to detract from the new models
    from Nikon etc.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Dec 24, 2003
  4. David

    PhotoMan Guest

    "David" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know what is comning out from Canon with the new models (20?)
    > that will be presented to the market next february? Will be something real
    > new or just some slight remake?

    Let me go over the detailed list Canon emailed to me and I'll get back to
    you. :)
    Joe Arnold

    PhotoMan, Dec 24, 2003
  5. David

    Don Coon Guest

    "David J Taylor" <-this-bit> wrote in
    message news:4WeGb.5192$...
    > "David" <> wrote in message
    > > Does anyone know what is comning out from Canon with the new models

    > (20?)
    > > that will be presented to the market next february? Will be something

    > real
    > > new or just some slight remake?

    > What do you think, knowing the effort to design these things, and how
    > marketing driven things are? My guess is one or two new models, in two or
    > three different colours, with zoom or fixed lenses. Should easily be able
    > to make twenty out of that!
    >
    > I suspect it's pure marketing to be honest, to detract from the new models
    > from Nikon etc.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > David

    Sound just like Colgate tootpaste. One brand but 20 formulations to sort
    through : )

    Don Coon, Dec 24, 2003
  6. David

    Tim McTeague Guest

    "Don Coon" >
    > Sound just like Colgate tootpaste. One brand but 20 formulations to sort
    > through : )

    It's called "Jello marketing". The concept is that if you offer a lot of
    different versions, or flavors, of your product you gain more shelf space
    and, in the process, crowd out other brands.

    Tim McTeague

    Tim McTeague, Dec 25, 2003
  7. David

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Since they said 20 new models in all of 2004 I doubt they will all be
    introduced at once. They prodeced 9 new models in 2003.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Dec 25, 2003