    outer cellophane) of the disc cases.

    Looks like it's back to using lighter fluid...

    swac
    Stephen Cooke, Jun 5, 2004

  2. Stephen Cooke

    Galley Guest

    On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 10:28:56 -0300, Stephen Cooke <> spewed
    forth these words of wisdom:

    >Is it just me, or has MGM switched to a newer, more annoying type of
    >sticker on their DVDs? In the process of removing the stickers from my new
    >copies of Junior Bonner and Too Late The Hero (old ABC Pictures titles
    >that I think were both out previously through Anchor Bay), I found they
    >wouldn't come off without actually damaging the plastic cover (not the
    >outer cellophane) of the disc cases.
    >
    >Looks like it's back to using lighter fluid...
    >
    >swac

    I picked up Summer School this week, and it has two extra clips that held the
    case shut (in addition to all the tape). There were instructions to twist them
    off.

    Galley
    Galley, Jun 6, 2004

  3. "Stephen Cooke" <> wrote in message

    > Is it just me, or has MGM switched to a newer, more annoying type of
    > sticker on their DVDs? In the process of removing the stickers from my new
    > copies of Junior Bonner and Too Late The Hero (old ABC Pictures titles
    > that I think were both out previously through Anchor Bay), I found they
    > wouldn't come off without actually damaging the plastic cover (not the
    > outer cellophane) of the disc cases.
    >
    > Looks like it's back to using lighter fluid...
    >
    > swac

    Same for me. When you remove the plastic top, side and bottom spine of the
    case, you have to really dig into the well glued removal plastic wrap and in
    doing so, you dig into the plastic liner of the case itself. I say, just
    shrink wrap only. The studios fear that some punk will open the case in the
    store and steel only the dvd itself. That wouldn't happen since the dvd
    itself is worthless on the streets.
    Tad Bitt§ï£, Jun 6, 2004
  4. "Galley" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 10:28:56 -0300, Stephen Cooke <>

    spewed
    > forth these words of wisdom:
    >

    > >Is it just me, or has MGM switched to a newer, more annoying type of
    > >sticker on their DVDs? In the process of removing the stickers from my

    new
    > >copies of Junior Bonner and Too Late The Hero (old ABC Pictures titles
    > >that I think were both out previously through Anchor Bay), I found they
    > >wouldn't come off without actually damaging the plastic cover (not the
    > >outer cellophane) of the disc cases.
    > >
    > >Looks like it's back to using lighter fluid...
    > >
    > >swac

    > I picked up Summer School this week, and it has two extra clips that held

    the
    > case shut (in addition to all the tape). There were instructions to twist

    them
    > off.
    >
    > --
    > "I'm not a cool person in real life, but I play one on the Internet"
    > Galley

    That movie had some embarrassing moments like that ridiculous duo of horror
    movie loving maniacs that treat Texas Chainsaw Massacre like it was a
    shrine. Wow, what a bad film.
    Tad Bitt§ï£, Jun 6, 2004
  5. Stephen Cooke

    sombody Guest

    Tad Bitt§ï£ wrote:
    > "Stephen Cooke" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Is it just me, or has MGM switched to a newer, more annoying type of
    >>sticker on their DVDs? In the process of removing the stickers from my new
    >>copies of Junior Bonner and Too Late The Hero (old ABC Pictures titles
    >>that I think were both out previously through Anchor Bay), I found they
    >>wouldn't come off without actually damaging the plastic cover (not the
    >>outer cellophane) of the disc cases.
    >>
    >>Looks like it's back to using lighter fluid...
    >>
    >>swac
    >>

    > Same for me. When you remove the plastic top, side and bottom spine of the
    > case, you have to really dig into the well glued removal plastic wrap and in
    > doing so, you dig into the plastic liner of the case itself. I say, just
    > shrink wrap only. The studios fear that some punk will open the case in the
    > store and steel only the dvd itself. That wouldn't happen since the dvd
    > itself is worthless on the streets.

    well.. You could sharpen the edge of a steel dvd and use it as a
    substitute for a Chinese throwing star
    sombody, Jun 8, 2004