    Tampa has no music scene for local bands. So I need to get certified and
    hope to do some contract work.

    Anyone here in the central Florida area?

    =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=, Jul 28, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:47:01 -0700, sgilz cast into the ether:

    > Tampa has no music scene for local bands. So I need to get certified and
    > hope to do some contract work.

    Can you do "Louie, Louie"?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Jul 28, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "sgilz" <> wrote in message
    > What's up, my name is Scott from Tampa, Fl.

    You sound like a young guy. At least you didn't type 'sup?

    > Just passed the 70-270, and looking to finish up the remaining MCSE exams
    > within the next couple of months.

    My, aren't we optimistic. Got any experience, or are you dumping?

    > Basically, I need a better paying job,

    Who doesn't? Okay, maybe Bill Gates doesn't.

    > Tampa has no music scene for local bands.

    Oh deer lowered.

    > So I need to get certified and
    > hope to do some contract work.

    Yeah, once you get that coveted MCSE, people will be jumping to hire you as
    a sub, what with all those years of experience you have, and all those great
    references you have from former clients, and all. How much do you think
    you'll be able to charge per hour? You'll be so flooded with work, you
    could probably hire a couple dozen other MCSE's just to keep up.

    > Anyone here in the central Florida area?

    Hi!

    Frisbee®, Jul 28, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:47:01 -0700, sgilz cast into the ether:
    >
    >> Tampa has no music scene for local bands. So I need to get certified and
    >> hope to do some contract work.

    > Can you do "Louie, Louie"?

    The only song in the world where you can make up your own lyrics, and nobody
    can say for sure that your lyrics are wrong.

    Frisbee®, Jul 28, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:12:48 -0400, Frisbee® cast into the ether:

    >> Can you do "Louie, Louie"?

    > The only song in the world where you can make up your own lyrics, and nobody
    > can say for sure that your lyrics are wrong.

    Including the Kingsmen.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Jul 28, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:12:07 -0400, Frisbee® cast into the ether:

    > > Anyone here in the central Florida area?

    > Hi!

    Ainchoo mo of a nawth centrul Floridarr-ian?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Jul 28, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:12:07 -0400, Frisbee® cast into the ether:
    >
    >> > Anyone here in the central Florida area?

    >> Hi!

    > Ainchoo mo of a nawth centrul Floridarr-ian?

    We don't talk about the "north" word around these here parts. Some locals
    don't take kindly to "yankees" so I tells 'em I'm a Braves fan.

    I got me some jean cut-off shorts, but I drawl the line at getting a mullet.

    Frisbee®, Jul 28, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=

    kpg Guest

    As sgilz once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > So I need to > get certified and hope to do some contract work.

    I recommend Weddings, Birthday Parties, and Bar Mitzvahs.

    kpg, Jul 28, 2006
  9. well at least your willing to respond to me...

    I work at samash.com in help desk support/jr. network admin. I also manage
    the phone system, as well as the shipping network w/fedex. I am young, and
    I've worked with musicians almost all of my life, so I have an extremely laid
    back demeanor (no drugs though, so don't even go there!).
    I'm also enrolled in the Fasttrain certification program, which was a huge
    disappointment. I wanted to do something that was fast....to get
    certified....so that's why I chose that. I basically ended up studying on my
    own anyway.

    Contracting is something I'd like to do, which I know that won't be as soon
    as I'm certified...I would however like to move in that direction.

    =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=, Jul 28, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=

    Briscobar Guest

    Frisbee® <> rambled:

    > I got me some jean cut-off shorts,

    GIFS!!!!!!!!1!!
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    sorry, my bad. force of habit.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com worked as a stripper to pay for college.

    Briscobar, Jul 28, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Briscobar" <> wrote in message
    > Frisbee® <> rambled:
    >>
    >> I got me some jean cut-off shorts,

    > GIFS!!!!!!!!1!!
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > sorry, my bad. force of habit.

    Well I think my wife thinks I'm pretty hawt in my cut-offs, anyways.

    I just keep telling myself that, and maybe eventually I'll believe it.

    Frisbee®, Jul 28, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=

    Jtyc Guest

    > I'm also enrolled in the Fasttrain certification program, which was a huge
    > disappointment. I wanted to do something that was fast....to get
    > certified....so that's why I chose that. I basically ended up studying on
    > my
    > own anyway.

    Certifications without knowledge are useless. Worry about knowing what you
    are doing. Once you have that, the certs just sorta fall into place.

    Jtyc, Jul 28, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "sgilz" <> wrote in message
    > well at least your willing to respond to me...
    >
    > I work at samash.com in help desk support/jr. network admin. I also
    > manage
    > the phone system, as well as the shipping network w/fedex. I am young,
    > and
    > I've worked with musicians almost all of my life, so I have an extremely
    > laid
    > back demeanor (no drugs though, so don't even go there!).
    > I'm also enrolled in the Fasttrain certification program, which was a huge
    > disappointment. I wanted to do something that was fast....to get
    > certified....so that's why I chose that. I basically ended up studying on
    > my
    > own anyway.

    Well, that's a little different. From your original post I got the
    impression that you didn't even have an IT-related job and were just giving
    up on your dream of rock band stardom. I, too, took a sort of fast-track
    program (only two exams covered) and it was expensive and just about equally
    useless. My wife is still pissed about it. Self-study is the best for
    someone in your position. Just please don't resort to cheating.

    > Contracting is something I'd like to do, which I know that won't be as
    > soon
    > as I'm certified...I would however like to move in that direction.

    That's where the really big bucks are, just ask Consultant. You have to
    really know your stuff, though, to do that.

    Frisbee®, Jul 28, 2006
  14. Wow...I though I already mentioned that there wasn't a scene for local bands!
    Otherwise I'd be doing that! Pay attention!

    =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=, Jul 28, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=

    kpg Guest

    As sgilz once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > Wow...I though I already mentioned that there wasn't a
    > scene for local bands!
    >
    > Otherwise I'd be doing that! Pay attention!

    I just think you're not trying hard enough.

    Try harder!

    kpg, Jul 28, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:10:02 -0700, sgilz cast into the ether:

    > Wow...I though I already mentioned that there wasn't a scene for local bands!
    > Otherwise I'd be doing that! Pay attention!

    Probly 'cause you don't do "Louie, Louie".

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Jul 28, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "sgilz" <> wrote in message
    > Wow...I though I already mentioned that there wasn't a scene for local
    > bands!
    > Otherwise I'd be doing that! Pay attention!

    What if there's not an IT scene? Are you gonna give up on that, too?

    C'mon, man... put a couple of your band's songs on youtube or something.
    I'll bet y'all aren't all that bad.

    Frisbee®, Jul 28, 2006
  18. I never said I was giving up! It's not bringing in cash flow that I need.
    The IT field is starting to increase in jobs lately, so I shouldn't have to
    worry about giving up on that for a while!

    =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=, Jul 28, 2006
  19. > That's where the really big bucks are, just ask Consultant. You have to
    > really know your stuff, though, to do that.

    Is Consultant in this "community"? How can I search members?

    =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=, Jul 28, 2006
  20. =?Utf-8?B?c2dpbHo=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    Consultant magically appears whenever he senses his presence is required.
    And like you, he's a top-poster, so I'm guessing he'll like you right-off.
    He is wise in the ways of the MCSE, and he makes almost as much money as Mr.
    G himself. He's also a man of very few words, so pay attention.

    ALL PRAISE THE GREAT AND MIGHT CONSULTANT!

    P.S. for extra points, impress us all and get a real news reader. This is
    not a "community."

    Well, it can be, I suppose. At least you didn't call it a "site" or a
    "board."

    Frisbee®, Jul 28, 2006