    *fap fap fap fap*
    <>< <>< <>< <>< ><>
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    Liddle Feesh, Jun 7, 2004

  2. Liddle Feesh

    Kathy Guest

    Hi!

    Congrats on your new MCP status, but reading on the test you just passed, it
    is going to be discontinued on 6/30/04.

    Might want to look into another cert to keep your certs current.

    That's a good score!

    Congrats again!

    "Liddle Feesh" <> wrote in message
    > Today I have joined the MCP club, by passing exam 70-176 with 928/1000.
    >
    > What happens now? The test center said I would receive all my Microsoft
    > "stuff" within 4-6 weeks.
    >
    > I thought the MCP status was linked to your passport to allow access to

    the

    Kathy, Jun 7, 2004

  3. You should receive a welcome email from Microsoft with details on how to log
    on to the private MCP site and order a welcome kit (if you want one).

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Jun 7, 2004
  4. Liddle Feesh

    Liddle Feesh Guest

    "Kathy" <> wrote in message news:UZ0xc.10586
    > Hi!
    >
    > Congrats on your new MCP status, but reading on the test you just passed,

    it
    > is going to be discontinued on 6/30/04.
    >
    > Might want to look into another cert to keep your certs current.
    >
    > That's a good score!
    >
    > Congrats again!

    Cheers :)

    Yup, all this time I finally made the commitment to study and take an exam.
    I have all the .NET material, but don't feel ready for MCSD.NET yet. That's
    next on my hit-list :)

    This cert (in fact ALL the old MCSD (ver 6) stuff) will still be valid until
    30/06/2005, when MS officially pronounces everything pre-.NET officially
    dead.

    --

    Liddle Feesh
    *fap fap fap fap*
    Liddle Feesh, Jun 7, 2004
  5. Liddle Feesh

    Liddle Feesh Guest

    "Andy Ruth [MS]" <> wrote in message
    > You should receive a welcome email from Microsoft with details on how to

    log
    > on to the private MCP site and order a welcome kit (if you want one).

    Hi Andy,

    Thanks for your prompt reply (I didn't realise this group was monitored on
    behalf of MS).

    What would the timescale for these details be? I've just checked the
    Microsoft website, and apparantly I'm due a certificate and lapel pin
    amongst the logon ID/pass. I'm well excited now :)

    --

    Liddle Feesh
    *fap fap fap fap*
    Liddle Feesh, Jun 7, 2004
  6. Liddle Feesh

    Liddle Feesh Guest

    "Liddle Feesh" <> wrote in message news:ez4xc.12169
    > "Andy Ruth [MS]" <> wrote in message
    > > You should receive a welcome email from Microsoft with details on how to

    > log
    > > on to the private MCP site and order a welcome kit (if you want one).

    > Hi Andy,
    >
    > Thanks for your prompt reply (I didn't realise this group was monitored on
    > behalf of MS).
    >
    > What would the timescale for these details be? I've just checked the
    > Microsoft website, and apparantly I'm due a certificate and lapel pin
    > amongst the logon ID/pass. I'm well excited now :)

    I'm having difficulty logging onto the MCP member site. It simply says,
    "Error: 1: One or more of your entries does not match your Customer Profile
    record." I have entered all the fields correctly.

    I guess I'm a bit too quick off the mark? I haven't received any emails yet
    and my login doesn't work.

    Will the test center pass all my contact details onto Microsoft? They didn't
    really have a clue when I was there....

    I want to know when I'll receive all my fancy stuff, and whether I can get a
    discount off MSDN.

    --

    Liddle Feesh
    *fap fap fap fap*
    Liddle Feesh, Jun 7, 2004
  7. Liddle Feesh

    Kathy Guest

    WHEW! Thank goodness!

    I jumped into the game as well, unfortunately I didn't pass (barely missed
    it) but I'll try again.

    Kathy, Jun 8, 2004
  8. Liddle Feesh

    Enrique Lima Guest

    Your info is not keep by the testing center, but by the Test Provider
    Company (Prometric or Vue) and they have that run regularly so MS gets your
    exam results.
    Again, all the information you need should arrive with your Welcome Kit.

    best regards,

    Enrique Lima

    Enrique Lima, Jun 8, 2004
  9. In news: Ox4xc.12168$9.net,
    Liddle Feesh <> wrote:

    > This cert (in fact ALL the old MCSD (ver 6) stuff) will still be
    > valid until 30/06/2005, when MS officially pronounces everything
    > pre-.NET officially dead.

    Hi Liddle,

    Um - not exactly. The VS6 exams will no longer be available. However,
    certifications based on them will remain active for the forseeable future.
    See
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2001/Oct01/10-11MCPUpdatesPR.asp.

    www.cindywinegarden.com
    Cindy Winegarden, Jun 8, 2004
  10. Liddle Feesh

    Liddle Feesh Guest

    "Cindy Winegarden" <> wrote in message
    > In news: Ox4xc.12168$9.net,
    > Liddle Feesh <> wrote:
    >
    > > This cert (in fact ALL the old MCSD (ver 6) stuff) will still be
    > > valid until 30/06/2005, when MS officially pronounces everything
    > > pre-.NET officially dead.

    > Hi Liddle,
    >
    > Um - not exactly. The VS6 exams will no longer be available. However,
    > certifications based on them will remain active for the forseeable future.
    > See
    > http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2001/Oct01/10-11MCPUpdatesPR.asp.

    Hi Cindy,

    That press release is way out of date (October 2001). Back then it was
    foreseeable future, but I'm very sure that I've read on the MS website since
    that it will remain valid for only 1 year.

    I guess I don't have a chance at MCSD (old style), perhaps I should just
    focus my energies on .NET?

    --

    Liddle Feesh
    *fap fap fap fap*
    Liddle Feesh, Jun 9, 2004
  11. Liddle Feesh

    Liddle Feesh Guest

    "Enrique Lima" <> wrote in message
    > Your info is not keep by the testing center, but by the Test Provider
    > Company (Prometric or Vue) and they have that run regularly so MS gets

    your
    > exam results.
    > Again, all the information you need should arrive with your Welcome Kit.
    >
    > best regards,
    >
    > Enrique Lima

    Hi Enrique,

    Thanks for your reply.

    I tested at Pearson Vue. I guess it's just slow batch jobs to Microsoft, at
    the end of the week or whatever... *sigh* it's just a little disconcerting
    "not knowing" what's going on with my cert. The exam alone was £110+ !! The
    lapel pin better be 24 caret gold, or Mr Gates will have me to answer to!

    --

    Liddle Feesh
    *fap fap fap fap*
    Liddle Feesh, Jun 9, 2004
  12. In news: 3tsxc.12692$9.net,
    Liddle Feesh <> wrote:

    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2001/Oct01/10-11MCPUpdatesPR.asp.

    > Hi Cindy,
    >
    > That press release is way out of date (October 2001). Back then it was
    > foreseeable future, but I'm very sure that I've read on the MS
    > website since that it will remain valid for only 1 year.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/retired.asp - "The Exams
    Scheduled for Discontinuation table shows ..... information on how the
    discontinuations might affect your certification."

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.asp "After
    June 30, 2004, these exams will no longer be offered (no candidate
    requirements to retain certification):" The exams will no longer be
    available but the candidate will retain his certification.

    Perhaps the "1 year" you're thinking of is that exams scheduled to be
    retired are announced each year in June, and then they will continue to be
    available for only one year and will be discontinued on June 30 of the
    following year.

    > I guess I don't have a chance at MCSD (old style), perhaps I should
    > just focus my energies on .NET?

    You should focus your energies on learning. What areas you choose to learn
    depends on what you already know, what your job prospects are, or what you
    like. .NET is a reasonable choice.

    www.cindywinegarden.com
    Cindy Winegarden, Jun 9, 2004
  13. congratulations!
    well score. i was passed with this score same exam too. But exam that you
    have passed is now discountinued. You must enhance your knowledge on new
    platforms such as .NET.

    good works....

    Serkan DIRIARIN, Jul 26, 2004