    On 12/13/07 I had taken my 272 exam and have passed. I am now an MCDST.
    Next is the 621 to upgrade to Vista. Then from there 290 and 291 for my
    MCSA. Good luck to all that are working on taking the MCDST exams.
    Spyder, Dec 19, 2007

  2. Spyder

    zecto Guest

    congrat, just got my mcp on 12/17/2007 and working on mcdst too. for the
    20-271, it was heavily concentrated on the networking aspect, is it like that
    with the 20-272?
    --
    MCP
    Windows Desktop Operating Systems

    zecto, Dec 21, 2007

  3. Spyder

    Spyder Guest

    I used the MS Press books for both exams and going through those helped me
    out. The main advantage point for the tests was real world experience
    though. I have been working with computers since DOS and have been in the IT
    field for approx. 5 years now. The main focus on the first exam is knowing
    how to install and setup XP. The second exam is more focused on once the OS
    has been setup, maintaining and configuring it along with office suites. If
    you know XP and Office you should do fine. The MS Press books helped much
    more that the Sybex book I had bought. That book covers both exams but is
    only as thick as one of the MS Press book for one exam. I also found that
    the study questions were not as in depth.

    Spyder, Dec 26, 2007