  1. PNeski

    PNeski Guest

    does anyone have this yet?
    PNeski, Jun 15, 2004

  2. PNeski wrote:
    > does anyone have this yet?

    Which new edition are you talking about? PAL covers a lot of ground...

    I've not heard about any version newer than the year-old French R2 PAL
    release of the theatrical cut, which is better-looking than the US R1 NTSC
    director's-cut release but not as good as the Korean R0 NTSC theatrical-cut
    release. A brief discussion and comparison of the French and Korean
    releases is here:

    http://google.com/groups?selm=10p59kmjwyt7f$

    The most recent review of _The Last Emperor_ I can find on DVD-Basen is a
    March 2004 review of an Italian R2 PAL release from 2003:

    http://www.dvd-basen.dk/uk/home.php3?search=last emperor&mvis=ok&region=%&land=%&ok=go

    ....if there's a newer PAL release, I'm unaware of it.

    doug

    --
    "Don't you let my letter get you down..."
    --David Bowie
    Douglas Bailey, Jun 16, 2004

  3. PNeski

    PNeski Guest

    I saw a review in a British mag about one with commentary
    PNeski, Jun 17, 2004
  4. PNeski wrote:
    > I saw a review in a British mag about one with commentary

    Ah. Sounds like this release:

    http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7000000090287

    As I said, DVD-Basen doesn't show any reviews yet, and I haven't seen any
    on the DVD sites I frequent.

    You might also want to try asking in uk.media.dvd.

    HTH,

    doug

    --
    "Don't call her at home, she's fucking with a slip of a man..."
    --Suede
    Douglas Bailey, Jun 17, 2004