new laptop

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q29uc3VsdGluZyBKb2Fu?=, Feb 26, 2005.

  1. I have a new laptop and would like to network it with my desk top. I'm always
    confused on how to do this. Is there an easy was to get this done?
    =?Utf-8?B?Q29uc3VsdGluZyBKb2Fu?=, Feb 26, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q29uc3VsdGluZyBKb2Fu?=

    WLW Guest

    WLW, Feb 26, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q29uc3VsdGluZyBKb2Fu?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    If it involves Internet connection as well read this too.
    The content of the following links will provide you with a basic tutorial
    about Sharing Internet and using Wireless; it is short and to the point:
    Basic Options for Internet Connection Sharing -
    Hubs, routers, switches, DSL, LANs, WANs...? -
    Wireless Principles - http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?i=122
    The page above was written ages ago. You might ignore the prices, and the
    specific choice of hardware, stick with the principles are still the same.
    Wireless hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Feb 26, 2005