    Were these deleted options with Windows 7? I run both IE8 and Windows Live
    Mail on my XP and Vista machines and those items are there. Thanks in
    advance.

    JTibbs, May 17, 2010

  2. JTibbs

    Stubbo of Oz Guest

    On Mon, 17 May 2010 00:08:00 -0400, "JTibbs" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi everyone, I got a new Toshiba laptop today and have a couple of quick
    >questions. It's running Windows 7 Home Premium. My questions are regarding
    >IE8, I can't seem to find the links bar option and Windows Live Mail where I
    >can't find the main menu bar (File, Edit, View, Go, Tools, Actions, Help).
    >Were these deleted options with Windows 7? I run both IE8 and Windows Live
    >Mail on my XP and Vista machines and those items are there. Thanks in
    >advance.

    In IE8 - right click on a vacnat bit of space next to the tabs and
    select "Favourites bar"

    In WLM - press ALT-M and a pop up menu will appear in top right corner
    - select "Show Menu bar"

    --
    ----------------
    Stubbo of Oz

    Stubbo of Oz, May 17, 2010

  3. JTibbs

    JTibbs Guest

    "Stubbo of Oz" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 17 May 2010 00:08:00 -0400, "JTibbs" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi everyone, I got a new Toshiba laptop today and have a couple of quick
    >>questions. It's running Windows 7 Home Premium. My questions are
    >>regarding
    >>IE8, I can't seem to find the links bar option and Windows Live Mail where
    >>can't find the main menu bar (File, Edit, View, Go, Tools, Actions, Help).
    >>Were these deleted options with Windows 7? I run both IE8 and Windows
    >>Live
    >>Mail on my XP and Vista machines and those items are there. Thanks in
    >>advance.

    > In IE8 - right click on a vacnat bit of space next to the tabs and
    > select "Favourites bar"
    >
    > In WLM - press ALT-M and a pop up menu will appear in top right corner
    > - select "Show Menu bar"

    Thanks, both worked, I wasn't aware they changed the name of the links bar.

    JTibbs, May 17, 2010
  4. JTibbs

    chuckcar Guest

    "JTibbs" <> wrote in

    > "Stubbo of Oz" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 17 May 2010 00:08:00 -0400, "JTibbs" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi everyone, I got a new Toshiba laptop today and have a couple of
    >>>quick questions. It's running Windows 7 Home Premium. My questions
    >>>are regarding
    >>>IE8, I can't seem to find the links bar option and Windows Live Mail
    >>>where I
    >>>can't find the main menu bar (File, Edit, View, Go, Tools, Actions,
    >>>Help). Were these deleted options with Windows 7? I run both IE8 and
    >>>Windows Live
    >>>Mail on my XP and Vista machines and those items are there. Thanks
    >>>in advance.

    >> In IE8 - right click on a vacnat bit of space next to the tabs and
    >> select "Favourites bar"
    >>
    >> In WLM - press ALT-M and a pop up menu will appear in top right
    >> corner - select "Show Menu bar"
    >>

    > Thanks, both worked, I wasn't aware they changed the name of the links
    > bar.

    It's been called favorites since at least windows 95. It's even in the
    start menu called that.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, May 18, 2010
  5. JTibbs

    JTibbs Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "JTibbs" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "Stubbo of Oz" <> wrote in message

    >>> In IE8 - right click on a vacnat bit of space next to the tabs and
    >>> select "Favourites bar"
    >>>
    >>> In WLM - press ALT-M and a pop up menu will appear in top right
    >>> corner - select "Show Menu bar"
    >>>

    >> Thanks, both worked, I wasn't aware they changed the name of the links
    >> bar.
    >>

    > It's been called favorites since at least windows 95. It's even in the
    > start menu called that.

    Wrong, it's been called links until now. If that's a legit e-mail address
    I'd be happy to send you screen shots showing 'links'.

    JTibbs, May 18, 2010
  6. JTibbs

    chuckcar Guest

    "JTibbs" <> wrote in

    >>> Thanks, both worked, I wasn't aware they changed the name of the
    >>> links bar.
    >>>

    >> It's been called favorites since at least windows 95. It's even in
    >> the start menu called that.
    >>

    > Wrong, it's been called links until now. If that's a legit e-mail
    > address I'd be happy to send you screen shots showing 'links'.

    No, I don't use post with email addresses on usenet. Most long users don't
    as well

    Well perhaps you call it that. Certainly it's a valid use of the word, However
    Click on the start menu and read the word *just* under Programs will you.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, May 18, 2010
  7. JTibbs

    JTibbs Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "JTibbs" <> wrote in

    >>> It's been called favorites since at least windows 95. It's even in
    >>> the start menu called that.
    >>>

    >> Wrong, it's been called links until now. If that's a legit e-mail
    >> address I'd be happy to send you screen shots showing 'links'.
    >>

    > No, I don't use post with email addresses on usenet. Most long users don't
    > as well
    >
    > Well perhaps you call it that. Certainly it's a valid use of the word,
    > However
    > Click on the start menu and read the word *just* under Programs will you.

    I'm well aware of what favorites are and where to find them and use the
    function you pointed out quite often. I'm talking about the toolbar
    however.

    JTibbs, May 21, 2010