    Thanx in advance..

    TJ
    , Mar 19, 2005

  2. cluedweasel Guest

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:12:08 -0800, wrote:

    >Is there such a thing as a 9D Konica/Minolta Digital SLR coming soon? Or
    >is it just rumor.
    >I was looking into buying the 7D but if its true a 9D version is coming
    >soon, then i guess ill wait for it. Does anyone know?

    Seeing as the 7D has been out less than 6 months I'd be surprised if
    there was a replacement immanent
    cluedweasel, Mar 19, 2005

  3. werdan Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Is there such a thing as a 9D Konica/Minolta Digital SLR coming soon? Or
    > is it just rumor.
    > I was looking into buying the 7D but if its true a 9D version is coming
    > soon, then i guess ill wait for it. Does anyone know?

    There's a lot of predictions about the 9D because it's a pretty safe bet.
    Minolta have always bought out a '9'/Pro version of their cameras sometime
    after their '7' version. Unlike film cameras where they can only tweak body
    shapes, exposure modes and AF functions, digital camearas are going to
    improve leaps and bounds as CCD / CMOS tech gets better and better. Like
    computers, you could wait for the latest new thing and when it comes out you
    can ignore it and wait for the latest new thing. Or you can decide "I want a
    DSLR" and go and get one. As for me, I love my 7D. :)
    werdan, Mar 19, 2005
  4. Jim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Is there such a thing as a 9D Konica/Minolta Digital SLR coming soon? Or
    > is it just rumor.
    > I was looking into buying the 7D but if its true a 9D version is coming
    > soon, then i guess ill wait for it. Does anyone know?

    Well, I neither know nor care, but---
    After the 9d comes out (it surely will eventually), there will be an 11D
    waiting in the wings, to be followed of course by the 13D, the 15D, etc.
    If you wait for the next model, you will wait a long time because digital
    camera design is really just starting.
    Jim
    Jim, Mar 20, 2005
  5. On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 04:03:50 GMT, "Jim" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Is there such a thing as a 9D Konica/Minolta Digital SLR coming soon? Or
    >> is it just rumor.
    >> I was looking into buying the 7D but if its true a 9D version is coming
    >> soon, then i guess ill wait for it. Does anyone know?

    >Well, I neither know nor care, but---
    >After the 9d comes out (it surely will eventually), there will be an 11D
    >waiting in the wings, to be followed of course by the 13D, the 15D, etc.

    Except that if the Z models are anything to go by the numbering won't be
    quite that logical. ;-)

    >If you wait for the next model, you will wait a long time

    Yes.

    >because digital
    >camera design is really just starting.

    I wouldn't quite put it that way. There are lots of good cameras out
    there. Precisely because digital camera design *has* got past the
    start-up stage, it is most unlikely that the next model will be an
    enormous leap forward.

    However you look at it, if you want a digital camera, buy it now.
    Waiting for the next model is pointless.

    --
    Stephen Poley
    Stephen Poley, Mar 20, 2005

    Bob Harrington, Mar 20, 2005