New Kodak CX6200

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jerome Bigge, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. Jerome Bigge

    Jerome Bigge Guest

    I purchased a Kodak CX6200 on 12/3/03 as a "knock
    about" camera, the fixed focus design solving the
    problem of auto focus under dim lighting. This was
    for all appearances a "new" camera. It came with an
    apparently new 32 meg Secure Digital flash memory
    card as part of the "package" (price was $99.95 total)
    A good value as the card is worth $29.95 and the camera
    by itself is $99.95 in most retail stores. Selling store was
    the local "Office Max" here in Muskegon, Michigan

    My first picture was coded "100_4700". According to
    the owners manual, this camera numbers the pictures
    it takes starting with "100_0001" if I'm reading it right.
    So it appears that the camera had already taken
    4699 pictures before I got it. Or perhaps this is
    a "bug" in the card and it just started out that way.

    Camera works OK, there doesn't seem to be any
    evidence of prior use before I got it and everything
    was packaged in the box in such a way as to imply
    that this was in fact a brand new camera from Kodak.

    Jerome Bigge
    Member, Muskegon Astronomical Society
    Author of the "Warlady" & "Wartime" series.
    Download at "http://members.tripod.com/~jbigge"
    Jerome Bigge, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Jerome Bigge

    Alice Gless Guest

    My daughter got one as a package deal with her new Dell computer and I was
    helping her with it the other day so I dl'ed the first pictures into my
    computer. The first one is 000_0001.jpg.

    Alice Gless, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Jerome Bigge

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Alice,

    Hey, you got yourself a great camera there and are in for a lot of fun in
    the future. I suspect that number is going to increase rapidly. :)

    Let me know if you think I can help you.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Dec 10, 2003
  4. Jerome Bigge

    Alice Gless Guest

    Thank you, Ron. We will need to get her a flash card. I hope she will
    enjoy it and take lots of pictures. I am using a different camera, but I
    like the fact that this one only uses two batteries and is wonderful for a
    beginner. My granddaughter spotted it and wants it :). I did think the
    picture quality was nice and sharp for such a little cam.

    Also it was nice that the cam came packed with two batteries already so I
    didn't have to loan out my precious rechargeable ones :).

    Alice Gless, Dec 10, 2003
  5. Jerome Bigge

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Alice Gless wrote:

    > Thank you, Ron. We will need to get her a flash card. I hope she will
    > enjoy it and take lots of pictures. I am using a different camera, but I
    > like the fact that this one only uses two batteries and is wonderful for a
    > beginner. My granddaughter spotted it and wants it :). I did think the
    > picture quality was nice and sharp for such a little cam.
    >
    > Also it was nice that the cam came packed with two batteries already so I
    > didn't have to loan out my precious rechargeable ones :).

    Precious rechargeable ones? Last time I checked, a charger and 4 NIMH
    rechargeables can be had at several stores for under $20.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 10, 2003
  6. Jerome Bigge

    Alice Gless Guest

    Yes, precious. I don't want to break up my three sets of four. Once they
    are out the door, I won't see them again unless I nag nag nag..

    Every little bit adds up. I ordered a charger, 2 sets of AA and 1 set of
    AAA for my son for Christmas and it is over $50. Every little bit adds up
    here. Maybe they are cheaper at Wal Mart but I hate to drive out there and
    plow through the crowds.

    I liked the Maha I got from Thomas Distributing so ordered my son's from
    there.

    Alice Gless, Dec 11, 2003
  7. Jerome Bigge

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Alice Gless wrote:
    > Yes, precious. I don't want to break up my three sets of four. Once they
    > are out the door, I won't see them again unless I nag nag nag..
    >
    > Every little bit adds up. I ordered a charger, 2 sets of AA and 1 set of
    > AAA for my son for Christmas and it is over $50. Every little bit adds up
    > here. Maybe they are cheaper at Wal Mart but I hate to drive out there and
    > plow through the crowds.
    >
    > I liked the Maha I got from Thomas Distributing so ordered my son's from
    > there.
    >
    > "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message

    I bought a trickle charger and 8 batteries from Sam's Wholesale club
    when I got my camera, almost two years ago. I am still using them.
    Total cost was $20. I also bought a Maha charger ($40). So far, this
    has kept me in power for the camera and my GPS receiver. But I wouldn't
    call a battery I can replace for about $2 'precious'.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 11, 2003
  8. Jerome Bigge

    Alice Gless Guest

    > I bought a trickle charger and 8 batteries from Sam's Wholesale club
    > when I got my camera, almost two years ago. I am still using them.
    > Total cost was $20. I also bought a Maha charger ($40). So far, this
    > has kept me in power for the camera and my GPS receiver. But I wouldn't
    > call a battery I can replace for about $2 'precious'.

    I suppose it was silly of me to choose that word. I tend to think in terms
    of how much trouble it is to replace things. If I could pick them up at
    Walgreens (maybe I can now for all I know), it wouldn't be such a big deal.
    I don't belong to Sams and I am phobic about going into some kinds of stores
    because I get panicky. Ordering online is a nuisance but that's how I shop
    for some things because I don't know what stores carry them locally, if they
    carry them locally.

    I've done well to get outside with my camera and for the first time in years
    drove 20 and 30 miles to take some pictures this summer. Before that I
    hardly ever left the house except to go to the doctor and mental health
    appointments and the store because I do have to eat. Sometimes I had to ask
    my daughter to get my groceries. And I have to watch my money because
    sometimes I can't buy anything because I run short and have to wait until I
    get more.

    Some people have no idea of what life is like for some people and how and
    why they might view things a little differently.

    Tonight we got my daughter set up with her new camera and her new computer
    and she is happy with her little camera and is going to be able to get some
    pictures and how to get them onto her computer and edit them.

    Sorry I bored you with all this crap, but I sat here for 15 minutes
    wondering why somebody would think it odd that I called batteries precious
    and wondering if I should respond or not since this thread isn't really
    going anywhere.

    Anyway, I appreciate your offer to help. That was nice of you. I assume it
    may be part of your job. I wish I could have a job and I wish my daughter
    could find a better one because she is struggling to keep a roof over her
    head.
    Alice Gless, Dec 11, 2003
  9. Jerome Bigge

    DHB Guest

    Alice,
    it's just human nature to view things relative to or own
    individual circumstances & just expect that most everybody's situation is
    similar.

    When you have a health problem & are forced to slow down you notice just
    how important the little things in life are that all too many of us rarely
    notice, much less appreciate. Things like the natural beauty of a sunrise
    or sunset.

    Hope you find a way to overcome your health difficulties. A relative &
    a friend of mine have a panic attack disorder & epilepsy respectively.
    Believe it or not they both got into daily meditation & were able (with
    their Doctor's OK) to reduce & finally get off their medication completely.
    They are both doing very well now. My relative is not 100% over her problem
    but her problem was so bad the she could not drive or go anyplace alone.
    Now she does both on a regular basis.

    My point is never give up regardless of what you think or may have been
    told your chances of recovery are. Best of wishes to you & your family, at
    least your heart is in the right place which is more than I can say about a
    lot of people.

    Respectfully, DHB

    PS: Hope your daughter's financial situation improves also.

    DHB, Dec 11, 2003
  10. Jerome Bigge

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Alice Gless wrote:
    >>I bought a trickle charger and 8 batteries from Sam's Wholesale club
    >>when I got my camera, almost two years ago. I am still using them.
    >>Total cost was $20. I also bought a Maha charger ($40). So far, this
    >>has kept me in power for the camera and my GPS receiver. But I wouldn't
    >>call a battery I can replace for about $2 'precious'.

    > I suppose it was silly of me to choose that word. I tend to think in terms
    > of how much trouble it is to replace things. If I could pick them up at
    > Walgreens (maybe I can now for all I know), it wouldn't be such a big deal.
    > I don't belong to Sams and I am phobic about going into some kinds of stores
    > because I get panicky. Ordering online is a nuisance but that's how I shop
    > for some things because I don't know what stores carry them locally, if they
    > carry them locally.

    Most stores that sell batteries carry NIMH AA cells these days, even
    supermarkets, pharmacies, etc.

    > I've done well to get outside with my camera and for the first time in years
    > drove 20 and 30 miles to take some pictures this summer. Before that I
    > hardly ever left the house except to go to the doctor and mental health
    > appointments and the store because I do have to eat. Sometimes I had to ask
    > my daughter to get my groceries. And I have to watch my money because
    > sometimes I can't buy anything because I run short and have to wait until I
    > get more.

    Keep up the mental health appointments so you can improve this condition.

    > Some people have no idea of what life is like for some people and how and
    > why they might view things a little differently.

    It is always good to get another point of view.

    > Tonight we got my daughter set up with her new camera and her new computer
    > and she is happy with her little camera and is going to be able to get some
    > pictures and how to get them onto her computer and edit them.
    >
    > Sorry I bored you with all this crap, but I sat here for 15 minutes
    > wondering why somebody would think it odd that I called batteries precious
    > and wondering if I should respond or not since this thread isn't really
    > going anywhere.

    It is if it helps you, or helps others understand the problems of
    others. I hope the internet helps you to expand your horizons, even if
    you don't leave your house. At least you have a 'window on the world'.

    > Anyway, I appreciate your offer to help. That was nice of you. I assume it
    > may be part of your job. I wish I could have a job and I wish my daughter
    > could find a better one because she is struggling to keep a roof over her
    > head.

    No, helping is not a part of my job (currently unemployed), but I enjoy
    it, and I hope I am able to help people.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 11, 2003