    more support staff to look after the new customers. Or maybe I'm reading too
    much into it.

    There was talk of some new pricing due around about now.
    Ali P, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Ali P

    Jay Guest

    Ali P wrote:

    > I see Telecom is advertising for more Jestream customer service reps...
    > http://telecomnz.snaphire.com/safelink=JSJDMM&O_p=5233143y2k1t&
    >
    > I wonder if this means a price change is imminent and hence the need for
    > more support staff to look after the new customers. Or maybe I'm reading
    > too much into it.
    >
    > There was talk of some new pricing due around about now.

    Or maybe the number of faults has been increasing.

    Anyhow help desks have enormous turnover so I wouldn't read
    much into it.
    Jay, Aug 6, 2003

  3. Ali P

    SNOman Guest

    "Ali P" <> wrote in message
    > I see Telecom is advertising for more Jestream customer service reps...
    > http://telecomnz.snaphire.com/safelink=JSJDMM&O_p=5233143y2k1t&
    >
    > I wonder if this means a price change is imminent and hence the need for
    > more support staff to look after the new customers. Or maybe I'm reading

    too
    > much into it.
    >
    > There was talk of some new pricing due around about now.

    I would say so as Walker Wireless are about to roll out their service which
    will be cheaper than Telecom's so as soon as that happens I expect that
    Telescum will drop their pricing to match.

    SNOman, Aug 6, 2003
  4. Ali P

    Jay Guest

    colinco wrote:

    > In article <bgr29e$rfape$-berlin.de>, Jay wrote...
    >> Anyhow help desks have enormous turnover so I wouldn't read
    >> much into it.
    >>

    > That's all right, we aren't looking for an international perspective.

    Typical narrrow-minded parochial NZ attitude.

    That is the biggest problem with NZ - small minded parochialism.
    And a massive dose of xenophobia to go with it.
    Jay, Aug 7, 2003
  5. Ali P

    Jay Guest

    Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:

    > On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:29:09 +1000, Jay wrote:
    >
    >> That is the biggest problem with NZ - small minded parochialism. And a
    >> massive dose of xenophobia to go with it.

    > There's a healthy dose of denial too.
    >
    > The latest $1.9million civil service scam and the fact that 43 other cases
    > have been discovered in the same ministry, plus 28 cases in another
    > ministry shows that corruption is systemic.
    >
    > Corruption isn't just bribery and it's tweaking of definitions which is
    > keeping NZ out of the "corrupt countries" league tables.

    What has this got to do with parochialism? Or xenophobia?
    Where is the relevance? What are you on about?
    Are you sure you have the right thread?
    Jay, Aug 7, 2003
  6. Ali P

    bt Guest

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:17:43 +1200, "Howard" <>
    wrote:

    >Well, we're in the list, just not one of the worst ones. I've always thought
    >that corruption is the son of regulation, as bribes are paid to get around
    >the regulation which is creating the black market.
    >
    >NZ can only get worse on the corruption tables as we get more and more
    >interference in our lives by the pollies.

    Crap.

    Corruption is far more prevalent in commerce.

    Brendan (Avatar)

    --
    ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

    Check out my cool Water Cooling Project! http://www.computerman.orcon.net.nz/WaterCooling1.html

    Email: corum.usenet@myrealbox (dot com). No Timewasters. No UCE.
    My comments are IMHO, IIRC, FYI, and Copyright.
    bt, Aug 7, 2003
  7. Ali P

    Jay Guest

    bt wrote:

    > On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:17:43 +1200, "Howard" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Well, we're in the list, just not one of the worst ones. I've always
    >>thought that corruption is the son of regulation, as bribes are paid to
    >>get around the regulation which is creating the black market.
    >>
    >>NZ can only get worse on the corruption tables as we get more and more
    >>interference in our lives by the pollies.

    > Crap.
    >
    > Corruption is far more prevalent in commerce.

    And it doesn't get detected that often either.
    Jay, Aug 7, 2003
  8. Ali P

    T.N.O Guest

    "mnm snr" wrote
    | now i heard a rumour yesterday that telecom & microsoft were negotiating
    | to provide an entry level 256kbs circuit (within weeks).
    |
    | something to do with xbox sales.

    same speed I heard of about 8 months ago, but xbox wasn't the reasoning.

    I have said all along that it would be August... thats what I was told, and
    I would class them as a fairly reliable sorce.
    T.N.O, Aug 7, 2003
  9. Ali P

    Jay Guest

    mnm snr wrote:

    > now i heard a rumour yesterday that telecom & microsoft were negotiating
    > to provide an entry level 256kbs circuit (within weeks).
    >
    > something to do with xbox sales.

    Why would Microsoft need to help?
    They haven't needed to help anywhere in the world where
    they actually have broadband (which is >512kbps).

    Q: Why hasn't NZ got any broadband?

    A: ??

    Q: Why is NZ not in the OECD any more?

    A: Because it has fallen off the bottom rung of the ladder.
    Jay, Aug 7, 2003
  10. On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 11:16:29 +1000, Jay wrote:

    > What has this got to do with parochialism? Or xenophobia?

    Look where a large number of the prosecutions have happened, and how much
    palm greasing has to happen to get accepted as an immigrant into NZ these
    days.

    Parochialism isn't just xenophobia. NZ isn't clean, green and uncorrupted.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Aug 7, 2003
  11. On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 19:59:08 +1200, bt wrote:

    > On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:17:43 +1200, "Howard" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Well, we're in the list, just not one of the worst ones. I've always thought
    >>that corruption is the son of regulation, as bribes are paid to get around
    >>the regulation which is creating the black market.
    >>
    >>NZ can only get worse on the corruption tables as we get more and more
    >>interference in our lives by the pollies.

    > Crap.
    >
    > Corruption is far more prevalent in commerce.

    The corruption league tables only count govt corruption, not private sector.

    They also don't use uniform definitions of corruption. Most other
    countries (especially the ones at the tope of the league table) would
    define the "fraud" cases as corruption ones and prosecute damned hard, vs
    the slap on the wrist with a damp bus ticket meted out to the DSW staff
    selling data to PIs a few years ago.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Aug 7, 2003
  12. Ali P

    Bret Guest

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 23:48:45 +1200, "T.N.O" <> wrote:

    >"mnm snr" wrote
    >| now i heard a rumour yesterday that telecom & microsoft were negotiating
    >| to provide an entry level 256kbs circuit (within weeks).
    >|
    >| something to do with xbox sales.
    >
    >same speed I heard of about 8 months ago, but xbox wasn't the reasoning.
    >
    >I have said all along that it would be August... thats what I was told, and
    >I would class them as a fairly reliable sorce.

    I heard Telecom and Sky have one a deal to deliver Sky over ADSL.
    Bret, Aug 7, 2003
  13. Ali P

    mnm snr Guest

    mnm snr, Aug 8, 2003
  14. Ali P

    Who is this Guest

    In article <>,
    Bret <> wrote:

    > On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 23:48:45 +1200, "T.N.O" <> wrote:
    >
    > >"mnm snr" wrote
    > >| now i heard a rumour yesterday that telecom & microsoft were negotiating
    > >| to provide an entry level 256kbs circuit (within weeks).
    > >|
    > >| something to do with xbox sales.
    > >
    > >same speed I heard of about 8 months ago, but xbox wasn't the reasoning.
    > >
    > >I have said all along that it would be August... thats what I was told, and
    > >I would class them as a fairly reliable sorce.
    > >

    > I heard Telecom and Sky have one a deal to deliver Sky over ADSL.

    Just taled to a telstra rep who said that they would be offering the
    whole deal (phone, adsl, line rental etc) by November...aparently there
    is going to be a major roll out of service between now and then. Watch
    for deals on cellphone services, wireless internet services etc between
    now and then.
    Who is this, Aug 8, 2003
  15. Ali P

    Jay Guest

    Who is this wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Bret <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 23:48:45 +1200, "T.N.O" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >"mnm snr" wrote

    >> >same speed I heard of about 8 months ago, but xbox wasn't the reasoning.
    >> >
    >> >I have said all along that it would be August... thats what I was told,
    >> >and I would class them as a fairly reliable sorce.
    >> >

    >> I heard Telecom and Sky have one a deal to deliver Sky over ADSL.

    > Just taled to a telstra rep who said that they would be offering the
    > whole deal (phone, adsl, line rental etc) by November...aparently there
    > is going to be a major roll out of service between now and then. Watch
    > for deals on cellphone services, wireless internet services etc between
    > now and then.

    Is this the winter rollout they were talking about in March?
    November 2004?
    Jay, Aug 8, 2003
  16. Ali P

    Woolfie Guest

    On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:29:09 +1000, Jay <> wrote:

    >colinco wrote:
    >
    >> In article <bgr29e$rfape$-berlin.de>, Jay wrote...
    >>> Anyhow help desks have enormous turnover so I wouldn't read
    >>> much into it.
    >>>

    >> That's all right, we aren't looking for an international perspective.

    >Typical narrrow-minded parochial NZ attitude.
    >
    >That is the biggest problem with NZ - small minded parochialism.
    >And a massive dose of xenophobia to go with it.

    Sounds like you are talking from a lot of experience Jay.
    Woolfie, Aug 9, 2003
  17. Ali P

    back again Guest

    Woolfie <> wrote in

    > Subject: Re: New Jetstream pricing soon?
    > From: Woolfie <>
    > Newsgroups: nz.comp
    >
    > On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:29:09 +1000, Jay <> wrote:
    >
    >>colinco wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article <bgr29e$rfape$-berlin.de>, Jay wrote...
    >>>>
    >>> That's all right, we aren't looking for an international perspective.

    >>Typical narrrow-minded parochial NZ attitude.
    >>
    >>That is the biggest problem with NZ - small minded parochialism.
    >>And a massive dose of xenophobia to go with it.

    > Sounds like you are talking from a lot of experience Jay.

    Jay does sound like the sort of person most kiwis would rapidly find less
    than amusing. Unfortunately he hasn't put two and two together.
    back again, Aug 9, 2003
  18. Ali P

    back again Guest

    Jay <> wrote in

    > Subject: Re: New Jetstream pricing soon?
    > From: Jay <>
    > Newsgroups: nz.comp
    >
    > back again wrote:
    >
    >> Woolfie <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Subject: Re: New Jetstream pricing soon?
    >>> From: Woolfie <>
    >>> Newsgroups: nz.comp

    >>> Sounds like you are talking from a lot of experience Jay.

    >> Jay does sound like the sort of person most kiwis would rapidly find
    >> less than amusing. Unfortunately he hasn't put two and two together.

    > Two and two together is twotwo.
    > So I have done that and therefore you are wrong.

    heh. you might be an arsehole. but at least you have a sense of humour.
    back again, Aug 9, 2003
  19. Ali P

    John Guest

    Who is this <> wrote:

    >> I heard Telecom and Sky have one a deal to deliver Sky over ADSL.

    >Just taled to a telstra rep who said that they would be offering the
    >whole deal (phone, adsl, line rental etc) by November...aparently there
    >is going to be a major roll out of service between now and then. Watch
    >for deals on cellphone services, wireless internet services etc between
    >now and then.

    Really???? Here in Auckland and the rest of the country??? Unless
    they get cable laying soon November will be here..
    John, Aug 10, 2003