new items to Mozilla Pref.Bar

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Arne, May 15, 2005.

  1. Arne

    Arne Guest

    Hi,
    I would like to costumize the Prefbar with a totaly new pref. What I
    want to add is a "check/uncheck" or "kill" pref for animated gifs that
    loops "forever".

    Most time I don't mind a small animation on pages (using a couple my
    self), so I have the "As many times as ...." on, on Edit > Preferences
    > Privacy. But from to time I'm landing on a pages where the "forever"

    looping gif(s) is annoying. So the "uncheck" or "kill" in the Prefbar
    should be handy to stop the looping temporarely.

    But since there is no sutch item in the Prefbar I would like to add
    it, if possible. But I don't know how to do that. I would prefer a
    checkbox, but what do I write for "Id", "Prefstring", "toPref" and
    "fromPref" (or "onClick" for a button)? Could anybody give me some
    assistance on this :)

    TIA

    --
    /Arne

    are replying to, no more and no less! And don't
    quote signatures, thank you.
    Arne, May 15, 2005

  2. Arne

    Rom Guest

    On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:15:25 +0200, Arne rambled:

    > I would like to costumize the Prefbar with a totaly new pref. What I
    > want to add is a "check/uncheck" or "kill" pref for animated gifs that
    > loops "forever".
    >
    > Most time I don't mind a small animation on pages (using a couple my
    > self), so I have the "As many times as ...." on, on Edit > Preferences
    > > Privacy. But from to time I'm landing on a pages where the "forever"

    > looping gif(s) is annoying. So the "uncheck" or "kill" in the Prefbar
    > should be handy to stop the looping temporarely.
    >
    > But since there is no sutch item in the Prefbar I would like to add
    > it, if possible. But I don't know how to do that. I would prefer a
    > checkbox, but what do I write for "Id", "Prefstring", "toPref" and
    > "fromPref" (or "onClick" for a button)? Could anybody give me some
    > assistance on this :)

    PrefBar v3.1 <http://prefbar.mozdev.org/> has a "Pref Check" available
    for "Animation" with the following:

    Item Data
    Id: animation
    Label: Animation
    Prefstring: image.animation_mode
    toPref: value ? 'normal' : 'none'
    fromPref: value=='normal'

    ["As many times as the image specifies" is "normal", and "Never" is
    "none"]

    --
    Rom
    Rom, May 15, 2005

  3. Arne

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Rom* wrote:
    > On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:15:25 +0200, Arne rambled:
    >
    >> I would like to costumize the Prefbar with a totaly new pref. What I
    >> want to add is a "check/uncheck" or "kill" pref for animated gifs that
    >> loops "forever".
    >>
    >> Most time I don't mind a small animation on pages (using a couple my
    >> self), so I have the "As many times as ...." on, on Edit > Preferences
    >> > Privacy. But from to time I'm landing on a pages where the "forever"

    >> looping gif(s) is annoying. So the "uncheck" or "kill" in the Prefbar
    >> should be handy to stop the looping temporarely.
    >>
    >> But since there is no sutch item in the Prefbar I would like to add
    >> it, if possible. But I don't know how to do that. I would prefer a
    >> checkbox, but what do I write for "Id", "Prefstring", "toPref" and
    >> "fromPref" (or "onClick" for a button)? Could anybody give me some
    >> assistance on this :)

    > PrefBar v3.1 <http://prefbar.mozdev.org/> has a "Pref Check" available
    > for "Animation" with the following:
    >
    > Item Data
    > Id: animation
    > Label: Animation
    > Prefstring: image.animation_mode
    > toPref: value ? 'normal' : 'none'
    > fromPref: value=='normal'
    >
    > ["As many times as the image specifies" is "normal", and "Never" is
    > "none"]

    Thank's Rom, that worked great when I created the checkbox in my old
    Prefbar (within my old 1.7.3 browser). But afterwards I decided to
    update the browser to 1.7.8 and then installed the PrefBar v3.1 to it.

    I hav'nt wanted to update the browser earlier, because of all the
    writings about problems and how difficult it has been for others,
    reinstalling and resetting preferences and everything else.

    But to my big suprice I had a very smooth and fast "journey" with the
    update process! It can't be any easier than that! :)

    First I used the "ad/remove program" in Controlpanel to uninstall the
    old Mozilla, but only to the level where it says that not everything
    is uninstalled, and ask if I want to completely remove the Mozilla
    folders in Program folder. There I hit "No" and installed the new
    version "on top" of what left of the uninstalled version, as a
    "custom" install where I left out a couple of things I don't need.

    After install was finished, I did'nt need to do any additional
    reinstall or change anything in my settings or preferences, everything
    seams to work as it should and did before.

    Well, I wanted to tell this for those to read who had problems with
    updates or has not updated yet. Mozilla Suite is the best, most
    powerful, open source, fully developed and mature app for Web and
    e-mail! The "kids" (Firefox and Thunderbird) has lot of work ahead
    before they reach the same level. I curse the Moz dev's for throwing
    the Suite out from the foundation!

    Arne, May 15, 2005