    Shane Guest

    OK, how many addicts are watching the new release tomorrow of (whats
    expected to be) the video ipod with baited breath

    Shane, Oct 11, 2005

  2. Shane

    EMB Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > OK, how many addicts are watching the new release tomorrow of (whats
    > expected to be) the video ipod with baited breath

    <yawn>

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Oct 11, 2005

  3. Shane

    Shane Guest

    On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:18:04 +1300, EMB wrote:

    > Shane wrote:
    >> OK, how many addicts are watching the new release tomorrow of (whats
    >> expected to be) the video ipod with baited breath

    > <yawn>

    lmao
    but but but madonnas involved

    Shane, Oct 11, 2005
  4. Shane

    Brendon Guest

    Well, I was until I kept hearing about how the screens on the Nano are not
    up to scratch (excuse the pun)...but yes, I am waiting to see what they have
    in store, as well as the changes in the Mac lineups as well.

    Brendon

    Brendon, Oct 11, 2005
  5. Rumour's now are not a Video iPod but some new iPod configurations and
    new Power Macs, PowerBooks

    Nathan Mercer, Oct 11, 2005
  6. Shane

    PAM. Guest

    "Nathan Mercer" <> wrote in message
    > Rumour's now are not a Video iPod but some new iPod configurations and
    > new Power Macs, PowerBooks

    It's a keyboard with RAM and a processor you plug in and use the iPod as a
    computer
    :)

    PAM.

    PAM., Oct 11, 2005
  7. EMB wrote:
    > Shane wrote:
    >
    >> OK, how many addicts are watching the new release tomorrow of (whats
    >> expected to be) the video ipod with baited breath

    > <yawn>

    Profit up, but share price down (10% in afterhours trading) because iPod
    shipments fell short of analysts' "lofty" expectations

    Nathan Mercer, Oct 12, 2005
  8. In <> Nathan
    Mercer wrote:

    > Rumour's now are not a Video iPod but some new iPod configurations and
    > new Power Macs, PowerBooks

    I don't believe that Powermacs and Powerbooks will be updated at this
    event. Sure, they're due for updates, and the Powermac may soon be
    available with dual-core G5s, but in recent times Apple has tended to
    release new Macintosh products quietly while saving the big events for
    new iPod releases.

    As far as the iPod video is concerned, I have my doubts despite all the
    recent speculation. The reason why the iPod has been so successful is
    that it's a product that anyone can use, whereas other digital music
    players have tended to be perceived as nothing more than geek toys. I
    feel that an iPod video would also be dismissed as a geek toy, and there
    would be little widespread demand for it.

    My prediction is that we will see the current hard drive iPods updated
    with cosmetic changes, capacity increases, and one other significant,
    but not revolutionary, feature. I think that a definite possibility is
    WiFi support, with the ability to download iTunes Music Store content
    from WiFi hotspots.

    Not long to wait now.

    --
    Regards, Alastair.
    Wellington, New Zealand

    My supplied email address is fake. Any views expressed in this posting
    are personal and its content remains the property of Alastair. Alastair
    accepts no responsibility for any misinformation resulting from this
    posting.

    Alastair .geek.nz, Oct 12, 2005
  9. Hi there,

    Shane wrote:
    > OK, how many addicts are watching the new release tomorrow of (whats
    > expected to be) the video ipod with baited breath

    Aren't you guys forgetting? I'm predicting the first of Apples
    x86 based desktop PC's...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

    Chris Wilkinson, Oct 12, 2005
  10. Shane

    Brendon Guest

    Apparently it's here - according to appleinsider.com

    a.. New application called "Photobooth".
    a.. New iMacs 1.5GHz - 2.1GHz in 17" and 20". Prices $1299, $1359, $1699,
    $1759. iMacs come with FrontRow Bluetooth Remote, iSight, .
    a.. 2000 music videos available from iTunes Music Store.
    a.. iTunes 6.0 on its way.
    a.. Apple has announced the iPod with video capabilities. 320 x240
    resolution 2.5-inch screen. MPEG4.

    Brendon, Oct 12, 2005
  11. Shane

    PAM. Guest

    PAM., Oct 13, 2005
  12. Shane

    Shane Guest

    On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:03:57 +1300, Shane wrote:

    > OK, how many addicts are watching the new release tomorrow of (whats
    > expected to be) the video ipod with baited breath

    for those that dont watch /. (both of you)
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=aM6PvSxM.wq8&refer=us

    (Does this mean Microsoft will be making more money in patent royaltys <G>)

    Shane, Oct 13, 2005
  13. Shane

    Mutlley Guest

    "PAM." <> wrote:

    >"PAM." <> wrote in message
    >> It's a keyboard with RAM and a processor you plug in and use the iPod as a
    >> computer
    >> :)

    >I was WRONG! How can that be? :)
    >
    >http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4336194.stm
    >
    >PAM.

    Another interesting thing..

    "Apple has also set up a deal with US television company ABC to let
    Americans purchase episodes of TV shows for $1.99. The shows will be
    available the day after broadcast. There was no information about
    when, or if, this service would come to Europe."

    Mutlley, Oct 13, 2005
  14. T'was the 11 Oct 2005 15:49:51 -0700 when I remembered "Nathan
    Mercer" <> saying something like this:

    >Rumour's now are not a Video iPod but some new iPod configurations and
    >new Power Macs, PowerBooks

    Bout time with the new PowerMacs and PowerBooks. Though I don't know
    how popular those last PowerPC PowerMacs and PowerBooks would be...
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Oct 14, 2005
  15. Shane

    Bruce Hoult Guest

    In article <>,
    Waylon Kenning <> wrote:

    > Bout time with the new PowerMacs and PowerBooks. Though I don't know
    > how popular those last PowerPC PowerMacs and PowerBooks would be...

    The last PowerPC PowerMacs will sell *very* well, especially if they
    manage to get a few more MHz that the current models. The 2.7 GHz G5
    already performs very well against the best Intel has to offer.
    Performance at the top end is not the reason for switching to Intel.

    --
    Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-

    Bruce Hoult, Oct 14, 2005