    above file". Then the next boot "Windows could not start because the
    following file is corrupt or missing \Windows\system32\config\system" And
    now nothing. Could some please help ?
    Dave T, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Dave T

    Kraftee Guest

    Dave T wrote:
    > I suspect the ram too but how is it possible to reinstall xp than
    > have the ram fail. This is the second time i've installed windows

    You have run chdisk/scandisk or whichever other one you prefer haven't
    you...
    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....
    Kraftee, Aug 25, 2003

  3. Dave T

    HamMan Guest

    "Dave T" <> wrote in message
    > I suspect the ram too but how is it possible to reinstall xp than have the
    > ram fail. This is the second time i've installed windows
    >

    > "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > > Bad ram replace it.
    > >
    > > --
    > >

    > > The best live web video demo on the internet
    > > http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    > > Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
    > >

    > > "Dave T" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi Just installed Winxp pro on my friends computer. He had problems,

    > would
    > > > not boot said it was missing files, so I managed to re format c: with

    > the
    > > xp
    > > > install disk. Did the install all the updates, antivirus seem to work

    > fine
    > > > Then turned back on and it said "Windows could not start because the
    > > > following file is missing or corrupt : system32\drivers\fastfat.sys"

    > Then
    > > > the next boot said "trap 00000006 Exception and a whole bunch of

    codes.
    > > Then
    > > > the next boot "Windows could not start because the following file is

    > > corrupt
    > > > or missing <Windows root>\system32\hal.dll Please reinstall a copy of

    > the
    > > > above file". Then the next boot "Windows could not start because the
    > > > following file is corrupt or missing \Windows\system32\config\system"

    > And
    > > > now nothing. Could some please help ?

    XP is picky on what RAM it will use, i've thrown away a few SIMMS that it
    didnt like
    HamMan, Aug 25, 2003
  4. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:21:46
    +0100, HamMan uttered this:

    >"Dave T" <> wrote in message
    >> I suspect the ram too but how is it possible to reinstall xp than have the
    >> ram fail. This is the second time i've installed windows
    >>

    >> "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    >> > Bad ram replace it.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> >

    >> > The best live web video demo on the internet
    >> > http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    >> > Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
    >> >

    >> > "Dave T" <> wrote in message

    >> would

    >> the
    >> > xp

    >> fine

    >> Then

    >codes.
    >> > Then
    >> > corrupt

    >> the

    >> And
    >> > >

    >XP is picky on what RAM it will use, i've thrown away a few SIMMS that it
    >didnt like

    Not another Windoze fule.
    William Poaster, Aug 25, 2003
  5. Dave T