New Infrared Gallery

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by M-M, Aug 6, 2010.

  1. M-M

    M-M Guest

    I have posted some new IR photos and invite you to look and comment if
    you wish.

    The main page shows what an IR filter can do:

    http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/ir/gsir/gsir.html

    Then there are links to several IR galleries:

    France in Infrared- scenes from Paris and Provence:
    http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/frir.html

    The American Southwest Canyons in IR:
    http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/swir.html

    Clouds and Trees in Infrared:
    http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/clir.html

    It was an interesting experiment. I used an Olympus C2020Z with a Hoya
    R72.

    --
    m-m
    http://www.mhmyers.com

    M-M, Aug 6, 2010

  2. M-M

    Peter Guest

    "Better Info" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 20:11:24 -0400, M-M <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have posted some new IR photos and invite you to look and comment if
    >>you wish.
    >>
    >>The main page shows what an IR filter can do:
    >>
    >>http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/ir/gsir/gsir.html
    >>
    >>Then there are links to several IR galleries:
    >>
    >>France in Infrared- scenes from Paris and Provence:
    >>http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/frir.html
    >>
    >>The American Southwest Canyons in IR:
    >>http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/swir.html
    >>
    >>Clouds and Trees in Infrared:
    >>http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/clir.html
    >>
    >>It was an interesting experiment. I used an Olympus C2020Z with a Hoya
    >>R72.

    > You might want to try using a #87 IR filter. It blocks all visible light.
    > Giving you a greater distinction of IR luminosity only. No visible light
    > muddy and fight with the IR's luminosity levels.
    >
    > Here's a couple shots from when first testing this kind of filter.
    >
    > <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4140/4864201119_e9dd80dbbd_z.jpg>
    > <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4119/4864201121_ed45411845.jpg>
    >
    > Many many of your images could be done from full color images (no IR) just
    > by increasing the green channel when using a Channel Mixer tool used for
    > creating BW images.

    Yeah, but that's pseudo infra red. Not quite the real thing. I had my old
    CoolPix converted and am playing.

    > If you don't want to pay out the big-bucks for large diameter #87 filters
    > just for an experiment, try these Lee Polyester filters from B&H.
    > <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=lee%20filters%20infra%20red&N=0>
    > They work very well. Just carefully cut to fit with scissors and insert
    > into an old daylight or UV filter. The savings between doing this and
    > buying a glass 72mm #87 IR filter is astounding and they work just as
    > well.
    > The above test shots were done using one of these.

    I was not aware of the Lee filters.
    How to you adjust focus for IR. Few of my lenses have IR focusing marks.

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Aug 6, 2010