    new career developing solutions with MS tools.

    Thank you so much!

    Charles

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcyBDLg==?=, Nov 11, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcyBDLg==?=

    Saga Guest

    Well, I would start by...

    1. Taking some classes in a community college If possible, aim for a 1
    year
    certificate, as it look nicer on your resume than just individual
    classes.
    2. Using the fact that you're a student, purchase MSDN Enterprise for
    around $700US
    Although this has limitations on how to use it, you will get all
    Windows versions,
    SDKs, MSDN and VB6/.NET development tools.
    3. Get some books/videos, whatever to start reading up on the technology
    4. Use Google to find tutorial and more general info on your subject of
    interest
    5. Search a news group and lurk for a while, then as you start learning,
    participate
    6. Ask your friends about their jobs and imagine that you'll be
    developing a
    program for them. Interview them, get requirements and actually
    develop the
    application. They might never use it, but you'll get some experience
    under your belt.
    (And in some case, maybe they will be interested!)

    Good luck!
    Saga

    Saga, Nov 11, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcyBDLg==?=

    Brad Guest

    > because programming
    > as we know it has changed so many with .NET

    Marketing hype.

    ..NET is a great technology, but its not revolutionary, despite MS claims to
    the contrary. It certainly doesn't protect you from your own bad code.

    Brad, Nov 11, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcyBDLg==?=

    Guest Guest

    Developers develope, so just start developing.

    Guest, Nov 15, 2004
  5. Just to add, trainers will tell you just about anything to get you to pay
    for their courses. You can go a long way with self-study.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Nov 16, 2004
  6. >Developers develop crap, so just start developing crap.

    ifypfy

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Nov 16, 2004
  7. I would take the Community College route, because you will have a clear track
    to follow (well I mean your syllabus :p), you will make friends with your
    classmates and teachers, you will have someone (or many people) to ask about
    any doubt you may have and you can build a network of contacts plus at the
    end you will have a Certificate, that is why I would recomment that option.

    Good Luck!
    Nacho

    =?Utf-8?B?TmFjaG8=?=, Dec 27, 2004