New ihug plans (crap!)

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by iascoot, Oct 26, 2006.

  1. iascoot

    iascoot Guest

    Just looked at new ihug plans,


    They seem to have removed the off peak caps and the plans seem to offer
    LESS, only faster speed which you may not even get

    http://www.ihug.co.nz/products/broadband/plan_comparison.html

    i think ill stick with what im on, or move to another provider (any
    ideas? prefer FS/FS 10gb or more and interleaving to be turned off)

    i want interleaving off, so paying $80 to get a FS/FS plan to get it
    off isnt viable
    iascoot, Oct 26, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. iascoot

    iascoot Guest

    and it seems to get it $10 cheaper, you cant just get their Tolls now,
    you need the home phone as well..
    iascoot, Oct 26, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. iascoot

    Zipper Guest

    iascoot wrote:
    > Just looked at new ihug plans,
    >
    >
    > They seem to have removed the off peak caps and the plans seem to offer
    > LESS, only faster speed which you may not even get
    >
    > http://www.ihug.co.nz/products/broadband/plan_comparison.html
    >
    > i think ill stick with what im on, or move to another provider (any
    > ideas? prefer FS/FS 10gb or more and interleaving to be turned off)
    >
    > i want interleaving off, so paying $80 to get a FS/FS plan to get it
    > off isnt viable
    >


    Just so I can get my comission.

    If you took tolls with orcon you could get
    15 gigs FS/FS for $59 ($69 without tolls), they have interleaving turned
    off by default and you get a static ip.

    I notice that if you are coming from another ISP they also give you the
    first two months of your plan free.

    Please give my email address as a referral when you sign up. (just joking)
    Zipper, Oct 26, 2006
    #3
  4. iascoot

    iascoot Guest

    How are orcon these days? in the past they werent that good

    What Ping times do you get on games? (if you play games, and obviously
    before interleaving is off, on ihug it was 60-70 for me)

    and how are their speeds to international sites?
    iascoot, Oct 26, 2006
    #4
  5. iascoot

    Zipper Guest

    iascoot wrote:
    > How are orcon these days? in the past they werent that good
    >
    > What Ping times do you get on games? (if you play games, and obviously
    > before interleaving is off, on ihug it was 60-70 for me)
    >
    > and how are their speeds to international sites?
    >


    Well I am on the 256/128.
    My ping times are about 90-100, my friend is on the same plan gets
    70-80. I've no idea on why mine is higher. I don't plan online games
    but will be planning on it soon and will probably chase up the latency
    issue when I change to a higher speed plan.

    As for speed, I have never had a problem getting fullspeed on my 256
    plan on torrents, it always just sits on 32 no matter what time of day.
    That is of course on a well seeded torrent but yeah, no problems with
    them really. They were overwhelmed when they launched their unlimited
    package and took on too much and their reputation suffered a bit but
    those days are gone.

    I'll be waiting to see what the performance is like when i go to FS/FS
    with them and be waiting to hear from some slingshot customers too
    because slingshots packages look pretty awesome then I'll make a
    decision on whether to stay with orcon or move to slingshot.

    Any orcon customers out there, what pings do you get to stuff.co.nz?
    Zipper, Oct 26, 2006
    #5
  6. iascoot

    Guest

    One good thing about iHug is the $10 to call the mobile thingy....for
    021 thats coo. But yep the plans do suck - only full speed on the $80
    plan - blah!

    Zipper wrote:
    > iascoot wrote:
    > > How are orcon these days? in the past they werent that good
    > >
    > > What Ping times do you get on games? (if you play games, and obviously
    > > before interleaving is off, on ihug it was 60-70 for me)
    > >
    > > and how are their speeds to international sites?
    > >

    >
    > Well I am on the 256/128.
    > My ping times are about 90-100, my friend is on the same plan gets
    > 70-80. I've no idea on why mine is higher. I don't plan online games
    > but will be planning on it soon and will probably chase up the latency
    > issue when I change to a higher speed plan.
    >
    > As for speed, I have never had a problem getting fullspeed on my 256
    > plan on torrents, it always just sits on 32 no matter what time of day.
    > That is of course on a well seeded torrent but yeah, no problems with
    > them really. They were overwhelmed when they launched their unlimited
    > package and took on too much and their reputation suffered a bit but
    > those days are gone.
    >
    > I'll be waiting to see what the performance is like when i go to FS/FS
    > with them and be waiting to hear from some slingshot customers too
    > because slingshots packages look pretty awesome then I'll make a
    > decision on whether to stay with orcon or move to slingshot.
    >
    > Any orcon customers out there, what pings do you get to stuff.co.nz?
    , Oct 26, 2006
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Guest
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    621
    Peter
    Jan 23, 2007
  2. Guest
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    487
    Guest
    Jan 23, 2007
  3. Guest
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    418
  4. Shane

    Ihug new plans

    Shane, Apr 3, 2006, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    24
    Views:
    617
    Craig Sutton
    Apr 6, 2006
  5. Stuart

    Slight changes to ihug's broadband plans

    Stuart, Dec 2, 2006, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    468
Loading...

Share This Page