New IE6 security hole

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Pascal Vyncke, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I discovered a NEW security hole / exploit in IE6 with SP2 and all the
    latest security patches.

    Overview of the exploit:

    * Bug for all Microsoft Internet Explorer users
    * Can be abused by hackers to run harmful JavaScript code and can be abused
    to mislead existing protection against harmful JavaScript code, like
    software from Norton, McAfee,.
    * Can be abused to mislead the search engines Google, MSN, Yahoo,
    AltaVista,.
    * Unpleasant for JavaScript programmers

    All the information about the NEW horrible bug (info, exploit,.) , see the
    page
    http://research.seniorennet.be/Tech...law_bug_javascript_ie_6_internet_explorer.php

    The bug is reported to Microsoft.

    I publish this bug/exploit because a know security flaw is less dangerous
    than an unknown security hole that can be used by real hackers, swindlers or
    racketeers.

    For more information about me, see also the internet page above.

    Best regards,
    Pascal Vyncke

    Pascal Vyncke, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Pascal Vyncke

    Moe Trin Guest

    In the Usenet newsgroup alt.computer.security, in article
    <hxQpe.114725$-ops.be>, Pascal Vyncke wrote:

    >I discovered a NEW security hole / exploit in IE6 with SP2 and all the
    >latest security patches.

    >All the information about the NEW horrible bug (info, exploit,.) , see the
    >page

    >The bug is reported to Microsoft.

    >I publish this bug/exploit because a know security flaw is less dangerous
    >than an unknown security hole that can be used by real hackers, swindlers or
    >racketeers.

    I see it was also posted to "alt.security" - are you going to send it to
    Bugtraq, or do you think that these alternative newsgroups are all that
    is needed?

    http://www.securityfocus.com/

    Old guy

    Moe Trin, Jun 9, 2005