New IE Freezes PC ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Nov 15, 2006.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Just installed the new IE version 7.
    Guess it should really be called an update to the older version I already
    had on.
    Like Firefox better, but want to play with their new 3d virtual earth
    mapping program.

    Download and installation seemed to have gone just fine, although the
    installations sure did
    take a bit of time. Running XP.

    I didn't appreciate it when I installed it, but apparently I installed a
    "special" Yahoo IE version.

    Anyway, after running about 5 to 10 minutes or so while using IE, the PC
    totally freezes up.

    Anyone else experience this ?

    Should i un-install IE, and try to find a "basic", non-Yahoo, modified IE ?
    (anyone know the link for ?)

    Anything I should or could try ?

    BTW: I also have Firefox installed, but it is not active when I use IE.

    Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Robert11, Nov 15, 2006

  2. Robert11

    x@y Guest

    "Robert11" <> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    >
    > Just installed the new IE version 7.
    > Guess it should really be called an update to the older version I already had
    > on.
    > Like Firefox better, but want to play with their new 3d virtual earth mapping
    > program.
    >
    > Download and installation seemed to have gone just fine, although the
    > installations sure did
    > take a bit of time. Running XP.
    >
    > I didn't appreciate it when I installed it, but apparently I installed a
    > "special" Yahoo IE version.
    >
    > Anyway, after running about 5 to 10 minutes or so while using IE, the PC
    > totally freezes up.
    >
    > Anyone else experience this ?
    >
    > Should i un-install IE, and try to find a "basic", non-Yahoo, modified IE ?
    > (anyone know the link for ?)
    >
    > Anything I should or could try ?
    >
    > BTW: I also have Firefox installed, but it is not active when I use IE.
    >
    > Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    Hello Bob,

    See if you find a better deal here: http://tinyurl.com/ydht84

    Good Luck, x@y
    x@y, Nov 15, 2006

  3. "Robert11" pole-smoked this prattle in

    > Hello:
    >
    > Just installed the new IE version 7. Guess it should really
    > be called an update to the older version I already had on.
    >
    > Like Firefox better, but want to play with their new
    > 3d virtual earth mapping program.
    >
    > Download and installation seemed to have gone just fine,
    > although the installations sure did take a bit of time.
    > Running XP.
    >
    > I didn't appreciate it when I installed it,
    > but apparently I installed a "special" Yahoo IE version.
    >
    > Anyway, after running about 5 to 10 minutes or so while
    > using IE, the PC totally freezes up.
    >
    > Anyone else experience this ?
    >
    > Should i un-install IE, and try to find a "basic",
    > non-Yahoo, modified IE ? (anyone know the link for ?)
    >
    > Anything I should or could try ?
    >
    > BTW: I also have Firefox installed,
    > but it is not active when I use IE.
    >
    > Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    Ahh, the notorius virus-magnet, Yahoo IE7. I heard it "freezes
    everything up." Nope, managed to avoid that one. <fingers-crossed>
    <knocking-on-wood> <running hourly AV scans> <downgrading to telnet>

    Thanks for the warning!

    --

    "Ambition" is like when a frog sits on a Venus Flytrap.

    The flytrap keeps biting and biting, but it won't bother
    anything because it only has little tiny plant teeth.

    But some other stuff might happen, and then
    it would be like "accidental ambition."
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 15, 2006
  4. Robert11

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:18:23 +0000, Bucky Breeder Has Frothed:

    > Ahh, the notorius virus-magnet, Yahoo IE7

    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Nov 15, 2006
  5. Robert11

    x@y Guest

    "Robert11" <> wrote in message

    > Hello:
    >
    > Just installed the new IE version 7.
    > Guess it should really be called an update to the older version I already
    > had on.
    > Like Firefox better, but want to play with their new 3d virtual earth
    > mapping program.
    >
    > Download and installation seemed to have gone just fine, although the
    > installations sure did
    > take a bit of time. Running XP.
    >
    > I didn't appreciate it when I installed it, but apparently I installed a
    > "special" Yahoo IE version.
    >
    > Anyway, after running about 5 to 10 minutes or so while using IE, the PC
    > totally freezes up.
    >
    > Anyone else experience this ?
    >
    > Should i un-install IE, and try to find a "basic", non-Yahoo, modified IE ?
    > (anyone know the link for ?)
    >
    > Anything I should or could try ?
    >
    > BTW: I also have Firefox installed, but it is not active when I use IE.
    >
    > Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    Hi Bob,

    I have read that You can uninstall the Microsoft Version
    of IE7, the one from Yahoo never read anything yet.

    If You are running Windows XP, I would try System restore.

    Also try the Microsoft Internet Explorer General News Group.

    @ "microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general"
    A Gold Mine of info.

    Good Luck, x@y
    x@y, Nov 16, 2006