    that you can return when it's time to get a divorce.

    Saves a lot of trouble.

    Maybe even have the divorce pre-paid as an infaltion hedge>

    philo, Dec 6, 2007

  2. philo

    olfart Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >A wedding license with a tear-off lower section
    > that you can return when it's time to get a divorce.
    >
    > Saves a lot of trouble.
    >
    > Maybe even have the divorce pre-paid as an infaltion hedge>

    sorta like a "get out of jail free" card??
    How about 30 Learners Permit ?

    olfart, Dec 6, 2007

  3. philo

    philo Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote in message

    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    > >A wedding license with a tear-off lower section
    > > that you can return when it's time to get a divorce.
    > >
    > > Saves a lot of trouble.
    > >
    > > Maybe even have the divorce pre-paid as an infaltion hedge>
    > >

    > sorta like a "get out of jail free" card??
    > How about 30 Learners Permit ?

    A buddy of mine who was in Viet-Nam "way back when" said they did have
    "trial" weddings.
    He had been married on a trial-basis and supposedly would have led to a real
    marriage.
    She was killed by a land mine so it never got to that point :(

    philo, Dec 6, 2007
  4. philo

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 18:33:36 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:

    >A buddy of mine who was in Viet-Nam "way back when" said they did have
    >"trial" weddings.
    >He had been married on a trial-basis and supposedly would have led to a real
    >marriage.
    >She was killed by a land mine so it never got to that point :(

    Brutal...

    "Honey, I have a present for you.. Here. Put on this blindfold. Now
    walk straight... A little more to the left... a little more.. ok, now
    keep walking straight... a few more feet...

    Evan Platt, Dec 6, 2007
  5. philo wrote:

    > A wedding license with a tear-off lower section
    > that you can return when it's time to get a divorce.
    >
    > Saves a lot of trouble.
    >
    > Maybe even have the divorce pre-paid as an infaltion hedge>

    You may be able to set up a marriage contract like that, but it doesn't
    release you from the duties against 3rd parties (children, banks,
    government, taxes ....) you accepted during marriage.
    After all, you are still doomed.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Dec 9, 2007