New horizons

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Cynicor, Sep 5, 2007.

  1. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Cynicor, Sep 5, 2007

  2. Cynicor

    just bob Guest

    Depends on the usage. Is it to document or be dramatic?

    just bob, Sep 5, 2007

  3. Cynicor

    Scott W Guest

    Cynicor wrote:
    > So on this picture:
    >
    > http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/3387690/40#191968192
    >
    > I keep going back and forth between making the horizon level and making
    > the tomb a straight vertical. Any opinions?

    With a bit of perspective correction you should be able to have both the
    horizon level and the tomb vertical.

    Scott
    Scott W, Sep 5, 2007
  4. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Scott W wrote:
    > Cynicor wrote:
    >> So on this picture:
    >>
    >> http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/3387690/40#191968192
    >>
    >> I keep going back and forth between making the horizon level and
    >> making the tomb a straight vertical. Any opinions?

    > With a bit of perspective correction you should be able to have both the
    > horizon level and the tomb vertical.

    Yeah, but that might take 5 minutes.
    Cynicor, Sep 5, 2007
  5. Cynicor

    xenarshooter Guest

    "Cynicor" <> wrote in message news:...
    > So on this picture:
    >
    > http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/3387690/40#191968192
    >
    > I keep going back and forth between making the horizon level and making
    > the tomb a straight vertical. Any opinions?

    I would shoot so the horizon is as level as possible, then use the following
    or Photoshop to correct the tomb while keeping the horizon level. If I could.
    http://wiki.panotools.org/Fulla

    --
    xenarshooter
    xenarshooter, Sep 5, 2007
  6. Cynicor

    frederick Guest

    Cynicor wrote:
    > So on this picture:
    >
    > http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/3387690/40#191968192
    >
    > I keep going back and forth between making the horizon level and making
    > the tomb a straight vertical. Any opinions?

    yep - IMO horizon should be level.
    If a horizon isn't level in a shot "for effect" then IMO it
    should never look like an accident or result of poor
    technique. (heh - unless you want it to represent in an
    artistic manner a reflection on crappy photographic skills,
    which could be a valid artistic statement I guess.)
    The tomb doesn't have to be vertical for the shot to work.
    But if you want, then perspective correction could give you
    this:
    http://i3.tinypic.com/5y7dyts.jpg
    frederick, Sep 5, 2007