    S414, which is exactly the same price but is 4mp and 4x zoom.

    Which camera would you guys recommend we go with for $450 CND? A70 or S414,
    or other?

    Fatbob, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Fatbob wrote:

    >My wife and I finally decided to take the plunge into the digital world. For
    >a few weeks now we settled on a budget of $450 CND, and at that price the
    >Canon A70 seemed best to us. But is it? I'm also looking at the Minolta
    >S414, which is exactly the same price but is 4mp and 4x zoom.
    >
    >Which camera would you guys recommend we go with for $450 CND? A70 or S414,
    >or other?

    I came quite close to the same decision, but think I'm going to go for
    the A80
    at, currently in the stores, CAD 130 more. Haven't a clue about the
    Minolta,
    though.

    Anthony Buckland, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Fatbob

    NJH Guest

    "Fatbob" <> wrote in message
    > My wife and I finally decided to take the plunge into the digital world.

    For
    > a few weeks now we settled on a budget of $450 CND, and at that price the
    > Canon A70 seemed best to us. But is it? I'm also looking at the Minolta
    > S414, which is exactly the same price but is 4mp and 4x zoom.
    >
    > Which camera would you guys recommend we go with for $450 CND? A70 or

    S414,
    > or other?

    Dunno anything about the Canon, but I have the Minolta DiMAGE S414 and it's
    great. It's probably the best bang for the buck you'll find in that type and
    size of camera.

    Neil

    NJH, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Fatbob

    Guest

    NJH <> wrote:

    > Dunno anything about the Canon, but I have the Minolta DiMAGE S414 and it's
    > great. It's probably the best bang for the buck you'll find in that type and
    > size of camera.

    I agree. Consumer Reports also gave the DiMAGE S414 a great review recently.
    Until a couple of months ago when I upgraded to a Digital Rebel, I had a S414
    and I was very happy with it. I sold the S414 to a friend who is happy with it.

    , Dec 21, 2003