    many thanks
    kdv

    , Apr 12, 2008

  2. ded Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi!
    > planning to put a new HDD in Toshiba tecra a2 and wonder if i could
    > use recovery CDs to set up OS? Does anyone know if toshiba tags hdds
    > in any way to stop this from happening easily?
    > many thanks
    > kdv

    What I think you mean is that you are going to replace a HDD
    but don't have an Operating System(?) installation disk. And that
    you intend to use the original recovery/SetUp discs to reset as
    supplied but on the new HDD, is that right?
    It won't be Toshiba or the hardware that will be problematic,
    but as you are a google grouper and you appear to be posting
    from an XP box, so I guess it's windows you'll be "resetting",
    Well it could be that Windows genuine validation palava
    may not be happy with your new HDD, but I say go for it.

    ded, Apr 12, 2008

  3. L.E. Funt Guest

    Yes you can

    L.E. Funt, Apr 12, 2008
  4. chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > Hi!
    > planning to put a new HDD in Toshiba tecra a2 and wonder if i could
    > use recovery CDs to set up OS? Does anyone know if toshiba tags hdds
    > in any way to stop this from happening easily?
    > many thanks
    > kdv

    Just make *absolutely* sure that *nothing* else non-original is either
    in or attached to the computer when you do it.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Apr 12, 2008
  5. Guest

    On Apr 12, 10:45 pm, wrote:
    > Hi!
    > planning to put a new HDD in Toshiba tecra a2 and wonder if i could
    > use recovery CDs to set up OS? Does anyone know if toshiba tags hdds
    > in any way to stop this from happening easily?
    > many thanks
    > kdv

    Thank you for help and I can confirm that Windows and the rest was
    installed OK from toshiba recovery disks

    regards

    kdv

    , Apr 18, 2008