    up...I have a slot and the cables already in the back of my pc ready to do
    so.
    Thanks Kim

    Pompey©, Jan 18, 2004

  2. Pompey©

    °Mike° Guest

    I've never heard such laziness.

    How to Use the Fdisk Tool and the Format Tool to
    Partition or Repartition a Hard Disk

    Tutorial on How to Create & Delete Hard Drive Partitions
    http://fdisk.radified.com/

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:16:39 GMT, in
    <b4AOb.3091$>
    Pompey© scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 18, 2004

  3. Pompey©

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:16:39 GMT, "Pompey©"
    <> scribbled:

    >Hi
    > Just bought a new 40gb hardrive (ExcelStore j340) to run with my existing
    >hardrive for storage and was wondering if there is a software etc that will
    >install it and partition it etc so all i have to do is basically connect it
    >up...I have a slot and the cables already in the back of my pc ready to do
    >so.

    It probably came with some, but unless you need a drive overlay
    FDISK and FORMAT are already part of your OS.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, Jan 18, 2004
  4. Pompey©

    Smoker Guest

    "Pompey©" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Just bought a new 40gb hardrive (ExcelStore j340) to run with my

    existing
    > hardrive for storage and was wondering if there is a software etc that

    will
    > install it and partition it etc so all i have to do is basically connect

    it
    > up...I have a slot and the cables already in the back of my pc ready to do
    > so.
    > Thanks Kim

    Your drive should have come with software that makes that easy to setup.
    Check on the manufacturer's site for a download. Partition Magic is software
    that does this but it costs like $60 or $70 USD. Depending on what type of
    computer OS you have you shouldn't need to buy anything.

    Smoker, Jan 19, 2004
  5. Pompey©

    David Guest

    XP CD has all the necessary tools, just set bios to boot from cd and follow
    the prompts

    David

    David, Jan 19, 2004
  6. Pompey©

    Senti Guest

    David did mumble N7VOb.6001$...

    > XP CD has all the necessary tools, just set bios to boot from cd and
    > follow the prompts

    Maybe I am misreading it, but isn't the OP saying that they are using the
    new drive for storage only? If so, there's no need to boot from anything
    other than C:\...

    > "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:16:39 GMT, "Pompey©"
    >> <> scribbled:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>> Just bought a new 40gb hardrive (ExcelStore j340) to run with my
    >>> existing hardrive for storage and was wondering if there is a
    >>> software etc that will install it and partition it etc so all i
    >>> have to do is basically connect it up...I have a slot and the
    >>> cables already in the back of my pc ready to do so.

    --
    ~SF~
    Murder is always a mistake. One should never do anything that one

    Senti, Jan 19, 2004
  7. Pompey©

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:29:33 -0000, "David" <>
    scribbled:

    >XP CD has all the necessary tools, just set bios to boot from cd and follow
    >the prompts

    A) Why tell me?
    B) Why suggest booting from the CD when there's already
    an existing drive for the OS in the system?

    >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:16:39 GMT, "Pompey©"
    >> <> scribbled:
    >>
    >> >Hi
    >> > Just bought a new 40gb hardrive (ExcelStore j340) to run with my

    >existing
    >> >hardrive for storage and was wondering if there is a software etc that

    >will
    >> >install it and partition it etc so all i have to do is basically connect

    >it
    >> >up...I have a slot and the cables already in the back of my pc ready to

    >do
    >> >so.

    >> It probably came with some, but unless you need a drive overlay
    >> FDISK and FORMAT are already part of your OS.
    >>

    >> --
    >> 'What Profiteth It A Kingdom If The Oxen Be Deflated?'
    >> Riddles II, v3
    >> - T. Pratchett

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett