    I know i have read that sometimes their are bars on the left right and
    top bottom not sure why.

    Thanks.

    Kate Jackson, Jun 22, 2005

  2. Kate Jackson

    Biz Guest

    Besides what I replied in another NG, check out www.widescreen.org for
    examples and explanations..

    Biz, Jun 22, 2005

  3. Kate Jackson

    Netmask Guest

    Hi Kate,

    All digital transmissions in Australia are 16:9 regardless whether in
    standard definition or the occasional HD. If you are viewing on a normal TV
    that is a 4:3 screen you will have black bars top and bottom. Many TV series
    especially US are still shot in 4:3.
    If you want to display these transmissions so that the image fills the
    entire TV screen, normally there is a menu item on the STB remote sometimes
    called 4:3 centre cut or full screen etc etc.
    Not sure what files you have but if they are mpeg2 files you could use a
    program called AutoGK to make Divx files (much better than SVCD or VCD) and
    they will fit on a CDR. This program has a black detect and autocrop feature
    that should fix your problem.You can play Divx on your computer and some of
    the newer DVD players, like the Zensonic or Telefunken or Aldi Tevion

    Netmask, Jun 22, 2005
  4. Kate Jackson

    Kate Jackson Guest

    Dont have a Divx player than thats why i converted them to VCD :)

    And i don't want one or need one. Once i connec tmy PC to my TV my PC
    will be my Divx player. And it will play everything :p

    Kate Jackson, Jun 22, 2005