New HD Tv 16/9 WS Aspect ratio question.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Kate Jackson, Jun 22, 2005.

  1. Kate Jackson

    Kate Jackson Guest

    New HD Tv 16/9 WS Aspect ratio question.

    I download plenty of TV eps as i miss them when iam at work. Anyway i
    mostly convert them to 16/9 VCD or SVCD using Procoder.

    If they are 16/9 they should fill the whole screen the original files
    are 16/9 format.

    Just somthing i would like to know as i want to use the WHOLE SCREEN
    :)

    I know i have read that sometimes their are bars on the left right and
    top bottom not sure why.

    Thanks.

    Kate Jackson, Jun 22, 2005

  2. Kate Jackson

    Ollie T Guest

    "Kate Jackson" <> wrote in message

    > New HD Tv 16/9 WS Aspect ratio question.
    >

    > I download plenty of TV eps as i miss them when iam at work. Anyway i
    > mostly convert them to 16/9 VCD or SVCD using Procoder.
    >

    > If they are 16/9 they should fill the whole screen the original files
    > are 16/9 format.
    >
    > Just somthing i would like to know as i want to use the WHOLE SCREEN
    > :)
    >
    > I know i have read that sometimes their are bars on the left right and
    > top bottom not sure why.

    This is because even though it is widescreen, it is a 4:3 image. It is not
    animorphic. This can happen with some older non enhanced DVDs also. Best
    thing to do is use one of your HDTV's zoom modes to size it up.

    HDTV games lists and discussions
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com

    Ollie T, Jun 22, 2005

  3. Kate Jackson

    Kate Jackson Guest

    Yeah i think my TV has a mode where it can fill the screen if the
    picture is 4:3.

    Kate Jackson, Jun 22, 2005