    --
    " Golf and Sex are the only 2 things you don't have to be good at to enjoy "
    William ( Bill ) Coomber

    Bill Coomber, Nov 19, 2004

  2. Bill Coomber

    Mark McGee Guest

    Since everything about the movie, except the characters, is different, why
    shouldn't the packaging be as well. Where did that big pendulum in the main
    hall appear from? All of a sudden Hagrid's shack is at the bottom of a
    rocky hill far away from the castle and the whomping willow is out in the
    middle of a rocky field instead of close to the castle. Since this is part
    of a series, don't you feel the environs should stay consistent?

    Mark McGee, Nov 19, 2004

  3. On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Mark McGee wrote:

    > Since everything about the movie, except the characters, is different, why
    > shouldn't the packaging be as well. Where did that big pendulum in the main
    > hall appear from? All of a sudden Hagrid's shack is at the bottom of a
    > rocky hill far away from the castle and the whomping willow is out in the
    > middle of a rocky field instead of close to the castle. Since this is part
    > of a series, don't you feel the environs should stay consistent?

    And the headmaster mysteriously changed appearance too!

    Hey, it's a magic school where the staircases move around. Best not to get
    too locked into preconceptions.

    swac

    Stephen Cooke, Nov 19, 2004
  4. Bill Coomber

    PW Guest

    "Bill Coomber" <> wrote in message news:<tpjnd.8588$>...
    > I don't get it. The first 2 movies came out in very nice cardboard fold out
    > cases. Just received the 3rd movie in a standard keepcase. What gives??

    Probably because Warner Bros. seems to have finally stopped using the
    cardboard snappers and slipcases and has gone completely over
    to the standard amaray keepcase.

    Examples:

    Before Sunset
    Spartan
    The Last Samurai
    Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions

    PW

    PW, Nov 20, 2004
  5. Bill Coomber

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Mark McGee" <> wrote in message
    > Since everything about the movie, except the characters, is different,
    > why shouldn't the packaging be as well. Where did that big pendulum
    > in the main hall appear from? All of a sudden Hagrid's shack is at
    > the bottom of a rocky hill far away from the castle and the whomping
    > willow is out in the middle of a rocky field instead of close to the
    > castle. Since this is part of a series, don't you feel the environs
    > should stay consistent?

    It's a school of witchcraft and wizardry where hundreds of students and
    teachers perform transformational spells on a daily basis. It's called
    suspension of disbelief.

    The environments looked a lot better in this third movie than they did
    in either of the cheap-jack first two, anyway. Why complain about an
    upgrade?

    Joshua Zyber, Nov 20, 2004
  6. Bill Coomber

    I.G. Farben Guest

    (PW) wrote in

    > "Bill Coomber" <> wrote in message
    >> I don't get it. The first 2 movies came out in very nice cardboard
    >> fold out cases. Just received the 3rd movie in a standard keepcase.
    >> What gives??

    > Probably because Warner Bros. seems to have finally stopped using the
    > cardboard snappers and slipcases and has gone completely over
    > to the standard amaray keepcase.

    Isn't there a box set with all 3 movies? Thought I saw that advertised
    somewhere and it used 3 double amaray cases in a slip case. This might
    explain why the stand-alone 3rd movie comes in an Amaray and not the fold
    out cardboard case.

    I.G. Farben, Nov 20, 2004
  7. Bill Coomber

    fredman Guest

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:46:42 GMT, "I.G. Farben" <>
    wrote:

    > (PW) wrote in
    >
    >> "Bill Coomber" <> wrote in message
    >>> I don't get it. The first 2 movies came out in very nice cardboard
    >>> fold out cases. Just received the 3rd movie in a standard keepcase.
    >>> What gives??

    >> Probably because Warner Bros. seems to have finally stopped using the
    >> cardboard snappers and slipcases and has gone completely over
    >> to the standard amaray keepcase.

    >Isn't there a box set with all 3 movies? Thought I saw that advertised
    >somewhere and it used 3 double amaray cases in a slip case. This might
    >explain why the stand-alone 3rd movie comes in an Amaray and not the fold
    >out cardboard case.

    You're probably right, and like the first poster, I have the first two
    and was expecting the third in similar packaging, but I won't complain
    to Warners simply because they finally dropped snappers - if that
    includes digipaks (from now on) as well, then even better - I back
    them 100%! Cheers.

    fredman, Nov 21, 2004
  8. Bill Coomber

    John Doe Guest

    I chalked the differences up to the fact that Hogwarts is a school of magic
    and like the stair cases is always in a state of change. Works for me
    anyways!

    John

    John Doe, Nov 22, 2004
  9. Bill Coomber

    I.G. Farben Guest

    fredman <> wrote in

    > You're probably right

    Looks like I was wrong....picked up HP3 today and while at the store, had a
    look at the boxset of all 3 movies...just looking at the end of the cases
    it looks like the first 2 movies are still in the digi-pak while the 3rd is
    in the keep case.

    I.G. Farben, Nov 23, 2004
  10. Bill Coomber

    Davy Guest

    Harry Potter - Prisoner of Azkaban DVD - 301 or 302 watermark?

    Some people posted on Home Theater Forum that the number 301 or 302
    appears around 17m 33s into the movie for a couple frames:

    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf...eadid=217128&perpage=30&display=&pagenumber=1

    Does anyone know what this is supposed to be? Is it a mastering error
    or maybe a type of watermark protection purposefully introduced? If
    it's the latter, does anyone know what momentarily seeing 301 or 302
    on-screen is supposed to accomplish besides distracting the viewer?

    Davy, Nov 24, 2004
  11. Bill Coomber

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Re: Harry Potter - Prisoner of Azkaban DVD - 301 or 302 watermark?

    "Davy" <> wrote in message
    > Some people posted on Home Theater Forum that the number 301 or 302
    > appears around 17m 33s into the movie for a couple frames:

    Yup, I got a 301 at 17:38. Very irritating.

    > Does anyone know what this is supposed to be? Is it a mastering error
    > or maybe a type of watermark protection purposefully introduced? If
    > it's the latter, does anyone know what momentarily seeing 301 or 302
    > on-screen is supposed to accomplish besides distracting the viewer?

    If each DVD had a specific and unique number, it could be used to trace
    the source of pirate copies back to the retailer who sold the original
    disc. However, if the numbers 301 and 302 are being repeated across
    multiple copies, I really don't see any usefulness in it.

    Joshua Zyber, Nov 24, 2004
  12. Bill Coomber

    Biz Guest

    Re: Harry Potter - Prisoner of Azkaban DVD - 301 or 302 watermark?

    Did you see it on your copy? No? Then dont worry about it...

    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=217128&pe

    Biz, Nov 24, 2004
  13. Bill Coomber

    Larry Gold Guest

    yep agree
    spoils the whole set

    --
    Larry.gold
    Arsenal For Life

    Larry Gold, Nov 25, 2004
  14. Bill Coomber

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <Xns95A781AE71A27TokenID@207.69.189.191>,
    "I.G. Farben" <> wrote:

    > Isn't there a box set with all 3 movies? Thought I saw that advertised
    > somewhere and it used 3 double amaray cases in a slip case. This might
    > explain why the stand-alone 3rd movie comes in an Amaray and not the fold
    > out cardboard case.

    Wrong. The set contains the first 2 movies in the same old digipaks
    they've always been packaged in, but 3 is in the keep case. It looks
    really awkward. Even New Line was smart enough to repackage the first 2
    Austin Powers in keep cases when they released a box set containing all
    3 movies. More than likely, Warner had a bunch of backstock of the first
    2 Harry Potter's to unload so they put them in a set with the Prisoner
    of Azkaban. They'll probably reissue them in keep cases sometime in the
    near future.

    Black Locust, Nov 26, 2004
  15. Bill Coomber

    Rutgar Guest

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:56:42 +0100, "Bill Coomber"
    <> wrote:

    >I don't get it. The first 2 movies came out in very nice cardboard fold out
    >cases. Just received the 3rd movie in a standard keepcase. What gives??

    I'm more dissapointed in how crappy the video transfer is.

    Rutgar, Nov 26, 2004