    Cheers

    --
    www.a1poolandleisure.co.uk

    Bodysnatcher, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Bodysnatcher

    Sultan Guest

    Bodysnatcher wrote in news:c4q4h0$n8u$:

    > Hi.
    > Going to add a 80g HDD to my system, which at the moment has a 15g HDD,
    > CD-Rewriter and a DVD-rewriter.
    > Want sequence should i use that will provide the best.
    > IDE 1 = Both HDD
    > IDE 2 = Both Roms
    > or One HDD and one rom on each ribbon?
    > Cheers

    I'd go with your original plan:
    IDE 1 = Both HDD
    IDE 2 = Both Roms

    Sultan

    Sultan, Apr 5, 2004

  3. Bodysnatcher

    Lex Guest

    This situation has been discussed many times. I think the general consensus
    would be, as above, 2 hdd on primary, 2 optical on secondary. The main
    things to consider are that if you place an optical and hdd on the same
    channel, the optical is probably going to slow down the transfer speed of
    the hdd as it will go at the slower device's transfer speed. Where as if you
    have 2 hdd's on the same channel you have to think if the channel will have
    enough bandwith to not effect drive speeds, which has basicly been decided
    is not going to much of a problem, probably negligble at worst :)

    Hope was of some help

    Lex

    Lex, Apr 5, 2004
  4. Bodysnatcher

    Smiley Guest

    one on each ribbon mine

    reason two choices for partitions
    channel 1 holds 3gig C then partion ballance as you need

    channel 2 holds 1 gig D swap file put it an seperate drive first
    partition for speed and performance
    ballance I would use for back up arkives

    This would put new large drive on channel 1
    keep programs and data off of C. I use tweakUI for this

    --
    Please note: To avoid spam, all email to my Hotmail address (above) is automatically trashed. If you wish to send me an email, kindly say so in a post, before attempting to send the mail. I will notify you by a private email to which we can respond to.

    Smiley, Apr 5, 2004