    TIA

    BTW its a Seagate 120GB 7200rpm 8mb http://tinyurl.com/a4hlq

    :)

    Jimbob, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Jimbob

    Gordon Guest

    "Jimbob" <richard.(REMOVE)burkinshaw@(REMOVE)gmail.com> wrote in
    message news:
    > I just ordered a new hard drive as my old ones buggered.
    >
    > I'm thinking of doing a partition just for XP, are there any
    > negatives about doing this?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > BTW its a Seagate 120GB 7200rpm 8mb http://tinyurl.com/a4hlq
    >
    > :)

    Nope, it's quite a good idea BTW, as you then can separate your data from
    the OS.

    Gordon, Oct 5, 2005

  3. Jimbob

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Jimbob
    <richard.(REMOVE)burkinshaw@(REMOVE)gmail.com> wrote:

    > I just ordered a new hard drive as my old ones buggered.
    >
    > I'm thinking of doing a partition just for XP, are there any negatives about
    > doing this?

    Only thing that comes ot mind is where the scratch disk space is --
    gotta make sure Windows has a lot of room for scratch memory and knows
    where it is.
    Otherwise, partitioning is a common habit for many users.
    Maybe some here will suggest some plans.

    Mitch, Oct 5, 2005