    internal 56K modem. i know i should unplug the 2nd disk just to check
    but i really can't be arsed, i can't see how a secondary hard drive
    install could be related to the network...?

    gimp, Nov 12, 2004

  2. It seems like Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:04:46 +1300 was when gimp
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >today i replaced my second hard drive (was IDE) with a SATA drive. only
    >problem is now the network has stopped working - winXP says the
    >LAN/network bridge is enabled, no probs mentioned in device mamnager,
    >but it never recieves any bytes, and the other win2K box can't see it on
    >the network. checked the switch and cables and they're fine.
    >
    >other than the 2nd disk install, nothing has changed. i have a VIA
    >K8X800 ProII motherboard with 2 sata drives, winXP pro SP2, onboard GbE,
    >internal 56K modem. i know i should unplug the 2nd disk just to check
    >but i really can't be arsed, i can't see how a secondary hard drive
    >install could be related to the network...?

    If you were using a Commodore 64 using Linux well ... :)

    But seriously, tried pinging to the machine and getting any reply? Can
    you ping 127.0.0.1? Tried uninstalling the network then reinstalling
    the network?
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Nov 12, 2004

  3. gimp

    Loupole Guest

    I have the same problem that you have I just put 2x200gb Sata Seagate's and
    doing what you are doing makes my machine frezze for ages then I would have
    to reboot....When I try and copy a file to my 200gb harddrives or even from
    my server the computer locks up....I have been told it maybe my powersupply
    !!

    Here are my Specs !! maybe you can help....

    3.2ghz (northwood) CPU
    Abit IC7 Max 3
    1GB 400mhz Ram
    Tyan Radeon 9600 Pro Graphics Card
    1.44 Floppy Drive
    CD Rom
    CD Writer
    DVD Rom
    DVD Writer
    I know I should have only one drive but its what I have collected over
    time...
    2x120GB Sata Seagate Harddrive
    2x200GB Sata Seagate Harddrive
    Cnet Network Card for my Server one on motherboard is for the internet...

    And to top it off have 8 fans to keep it cool ....

    After all that it could be a overload of the powersupply too...got a Slient
    420Watt power supply

    Loupole, Nov 12, 2004
  4. gimp

    gimp Guest

    Loupole wrote:
    > Here are my Specs !! maybe you can help....
    >
    > 3.2ghz (northwood) CPU
    > Abit IC7 Max 3
    > 1GB 400mhz Ram
    > Tyan Radeon 9600 Pro Graphics Card
    > 1.44 Floppy Drive
    > CD Rom
    > CD Writer
    > DVD Rom
    > DVD Writer
    > I know I should have only one drive but its what I have collected over
    > time...
    > 2x120GB Sata Seagate Harddrive
    > 2x200GB Sata Seagate Harddrive
    > Cnet Network Card for my Server one on motherboard is for the internet...
    >
    > And to top it off have 8 fans to keep it cool ....
    >
    > After all that it could be a overload of the powersupply too...got a Slient
    > 420Watt power supply

    possibly... you've tried unplugging things until it works to rule out
    the PSU...? in any case i would sell those CD/DVD drives which are
    basically wasting space and get a modern dual-layer DVD burner - they're
    cheap.

    i fixed the lan problem by deleting the network bridge.

    gimp, Nov 12, 2004
  5. gimp

    macca Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 23:21:32 +1300, "Loupole"
    <> wrote:
    > I have the same problem that you have I just put 2x200gb

    Sata Seagate's and
    > doing what you are doing makes my machine frezze for ages

    then I would have
    > to reboot....When I try and copy a file to my 200gb

    harddrives or even from
    > my server the computer locks up....I have been told it

    maybe my powersupply
    > !!
    >
    > Here are my Specs !! maybe you can help....
    >
    > 3.2ghz (northwood) CPU
    > Abit IC7 Max 3
    > 1GB 400mhz Ram
    > Tyan Radeon 9600 Pro Graphics Card
    > 1.44 Floppy Drive
    > CD Rom
    > CD Writer
    > DVD Rom
    > DVD Writer
    > I know I should have only one drive but its what I have

    collected over
    > time...
    > 2x120GB Sata Seagate Harddrive
    > 2x200GB Sata Seagate Harddrive
    > Cnet Network Card for my Server one on motherboard is for

    the internet...

    > And to top it off have 8 fans to keep it cool ....
    >
    > After all that it could be a overload of the powersupply

    too...got a Slient
    > 420Watt power supply
    >

    > "gimp" <> wrote in message
    > > today i replaced my second hard drive (was IDE) with a

    SATA drive. only
    > > problem is now the network has stopped working - winXP

    says the
    > > LAN/network bridge is enabled, no probs mentioned in

    device mamnager,
    > > but it never recieves any bytes, and the other win2K box

    can't see it on
    > > the network. checked the switch and cables and they're

    fine.

    > > other than the 2nd disk install, nothing has changed. i

    have a VIA
    > > K8X800 ProII motherboard with 2 sata drives, winXP pro

    SP2, onboard GbE,
    > > internal 56K modem. i know i should unplug the 2nd disk

    just to check
    > > but i really can't be arsed, i can't see how a secondary

    hard drive
    > > install could be related to the network...?

    Top poster lamer.!!!You read a book from the back do you..

    macca, Nov 13, 2004
  6. gimp

    impossible Guest

    Bottom-posting when you're too lazy to edit is equally lame. Who wants to
    scroll through old messages previously read just to get to some silly,
    off-topic comment like yours?

    impossible, Nov 13, 2004