    Finally the last issue, when I attempt to shut down the computer the low power selection is grayed out giving me only two options, one to restart my computer or two to shut it down.

    Would appreciate any help someone could provide.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
    rkiddo38, Apr 4, 2009

  2. rkiddo38

    dood

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2009
    Messages:
    7
    1 sounds like you might have to re-seat the plugs for the floppy
    2 update your video driver
    3 a better description of the issue pleasE?
    dood, Apr 4, 2009

  3. rkiddo38

    rkiddo38

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    The problem is that I don't have a floppy drive in this computer, would like to know how to fix the problem.
    How do I update my video driver, I thought all that would be taken care of when I reinstalled windows.
    I only have two choices to shut down my computer either I do a restart or completely shut it down. The choice to select hibernate is grayed out
    rkiddo38, Apr 4, 2009
  4. rkiddo38

    dood

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2009
    Messages:
    7
    when you startup got your bios settings and make sure you don't have it looking for a floopy to boot from.

    You goto the video cards manufacturers site and download the latest driver. the drivers in your installation are only gonna be as late as when the installation cd was burned.

    Thats going to be in your power management options you can enable hibernation in there
    dood, Apr 5, 2009