    and the Windows XP disk in at the same time. Is there a work-around
    for this?

    denise

    arethusa, Sep 24, 2006

  2. arethusa

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:14:33 -0400, arethusa <>
    wrote:

    >Is it possible to install a new hard drive without having a floppy
    >drive and only one CD drive?

    Depends on the computer.

    >I tried to install my new hard drive but
    >it appears that I need to have both the HD's install disk (or floppy)
    >and the Windows XP disk in at the same time. Is there a work-around
    >for this?

    Go into the BIOS for your computer. Tell it to boot from CD.

    Evan Platt, Sep 24, 2006

  3. arethusa

    Plato Guest

    arethusa wrote:

    > Is it possible to install a new hard drive without having a floppy
    > drive and only one CD drive? I tried to install my new hard drive but

    Yes, most often you dont need any disk or disc to install a new hard
    drive. However yes, When booting up after the hard drive is actyually in
    windows may want to see your xp cd.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Sep 24, 2006
  4. arethusa enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk-(ab)users with:

    > Is it possible to install a new hard drive without having a floppy
    > drive and only one CD drive? I tried to install my new hard drive but
    > it appears that I need to have both the HD's install disk (or floppy)
    > and the Windows XP disk in at the same time. Is there a work-around
    > for this?

    You may try to enable legacy USB support in your bios, and put the hd
    (sata?) driver on a usb stick formatted as floppy (without partition
    table).

    Walter Mautner, Sep 24, 2006