    spyware software discussed here but do not know where to find it.
    Also my start up page changes occasionally and I wonder what causes
    this and how do I stop it? Thank you for your kind directions.
    Rafaelthatmf, Apr 28, 2004

  2. Rafaelthatmf

    The Prophecy Guest

    Rafaelthatmf wrote:
    > Wondering if I can get direction on group most likely to have
    > information regarding 'cleaning up' my computer. I get frequent
    > errors while searching the Internet which initiates a debugging
    > program. What do I do with the information provided from this
    > debugging operation? I also would like to install the adware and
    > spyware software discussed here but do not know where to find it.
    > Also my start up page changes occasionally and I wonder what causes
    > this and how do I stop it? Thank you for your kind directions.

    Spyware is your problem (See bottom of this post). Another good idea would
    be to check out "°Mike°'s" basic computer maintenance webpage (Also see
    bottom of this post).

    --
    Install, then immediately update and run, at least, the first four.

    Ad-aware Aims at Adware/Spyware.
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotS&D Aims for the dialers, trojans,
    hijackers and security/privacy issues.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Spyware Blaster

    CoolWebShredder

    HijackThis
    http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    Info on above and more.

    Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    "°Mike°'s" Basic computer maintenance
    The Prophecy, Apr 28, 2004

  3. Rafaelthatmf wrote:
    > Wondering if I can get direction on group most likely to have
    > information regarding ‘cleaning up' my computer. I get frequent
    > errors while searching the Internet which initiates a debugging
    > program. What do I do with the information provided from this
    > debugging operation?

    you dont.

    If you're using internet explorer:

    Tools > Options > Advanced

    under "Browsing", make sure "Disable Script Debugging" is checked.

    http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=Adaware&tg=dl-2001&search.x=11&search.y=14

    > Also my start up page changes occasionally and I wonder what causes
    > this and how do I stop it?

    Run adaware (link above)

    Thank you for your kind directions.
    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Apr 28, 2004
  4. Rafaelthatmf

    Plato Guest

    Weyoun the Dancing Borg wrote:

    > under "Browsing", make sure "Disable Script Debugging" is checked.

    No matter what I did on my pc, and yes I tried all the tweaks, I
    couldn't turn it off until I deleted the file(s) that run it.
    Considering that this win98SE I'm using now is 4 years old without a
    reload/or overlay install, and considering that I test out more stuff in
    a week than most do in a year, it's not suprising :)
    Plato, Apr 29, 2004
  5. Rafaelthatmf

    ProfGene Guest

    Just do a Google search for Spybot or Adaware and you will find them both
    and they are both free programs that will clean up a lot of planted spyware.
    ProfGene, May 2, 2004