    about everything but find your Missing Aunt Tilly . . . and they're
    working on that. I like the "fill in" and spell checker especially.
    Translator will come in handy for me.

    wc, Oct 2, 2005

  2. wc

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 03:20:11 GMT, wc wrote:

    > What is the general opinion of the Google Bar for FireFox? It will do
    > about everything but find your Missing Aunt Tilly . . . and they're
    > working on that. I like the "fill in" and spell checker especially.
    > Translator will come in handy for me.

    I use the appropriate extensions to do all the tricks the Google
    Toolbar dose. Saves on real estate.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    Old Gringo, Oct 2, 2005

  3. wc

    gwtc Guest

    wc wrote:

    > What is the general opinion of the Google Bar for FireFox? It will do
    > about everything but find your Missing Aunt Tilly . . . and they're
    > working on that. I like the "fill in" and spell checker especially.
    > Translator will come in handy for me.

    Are you talking about this Google Bar: http://toolbar.google.com/firefox/

    If so, then "be aware that the program collects some information on
    your Web surfing. Some people are OK with this; some are not. Be sure
    to read the privacy policy before you decide on Google Toolbar." --
    Kim Komando, America's Digital Goddess:
    http://www.komando.com/shareware.asp
    gwtc, Oct 2, 2005
  4. wc

    wc Guest

    gwtc asked:
    >Are you talking about this Google Bar:

    http://toolbar.google.com/firefox/ <

    Yes, that's the one. It's very useful to me. I am aware that it
    collects "data" . . . but this old devil didn't exactly fall off a
    Christmas Tree. If I want to look at a certain web site without the
    nosy Ms. Google snooping in my biz, well then, I just go to the OPERA.

    ;-) WC
    wc, Oct 2, 2005
  5. It just so happens that on 02 Oct 2005, was seen
    getting all uppity in alt.fan.mozilla as evidenced by the following:

    > gwtc asked:
    > >Are you talking about this Google Bar:
    > >http://toolbar.google.com/firefox/ <

    > Yes, that's the one. It's very useful to me. I am aware that it
    > collects "data" . . . but this old devil didn't exactly fall off a
    > Christmas Tree. If I want to look at a certain web site without the
    > nosy Ms. Google snooping in my biz, well then, I just go to the OPERA.

    Actually, I just installed this toolbar, and it notifies you at install
    and gives you the option of providing data or not providing data to Google
    for pagerank purposes.

    --
    Jonathan Wolgamuth [jonwolgamuth(at)gmail(dot)com]

    "I'm unique, just like everybody else"
    Jonathan Wolgamuth, Oct 2, 2005
  6. wc

    Dale Brisket Guest

    Well, I took Google off the handy links on my home page, so I must like it.
    Musn't I?

    Dale Brisket, Oct 3, 2005