New Global ISP

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Frank Williams, May 10, 2012.

  1. Frank Williams, May 10, 2012

  2. On Thu, 10 May 2012 20:02:34 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 10/05/2012 5:46 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    >>

    >> http://www.fyx.co.nz
    >>
    >> $34.34/Month + 34c/GB

    >And quite how is this good? Telecom Total Home gets me 80GB, a phone
    >line, and unlimited national calling for $105/month.
    >
    >80GB with the crowd you're spamming will cost me $61.54, and I'll still
    >want a landline which will cost me $46. that's $107.54 and I've lost my
    >national calling.
    >
    >I could take their naked DSL option at $86.54, add a VOIP line from
    >2Talk at $23 to get my national calling back (with the amount we use)
    >and pay $109.54, but I'm still losing money.
    >
    >Oh, would you like to upgrade my alarm to communicate via IP as well?
    >And what about the static IP that they can't provide?
    >
    >As usual Woger, you have backed a lemon. Go back to your Playstation
    >you silly boy.

    Do you have a Brain I do think so try and read this and Apologize as
    you are to fond of trying to put the boot in..

    In this case you are the Utter Fool.

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/05/10/kiwi_isp_fyx_no_geoblocks_global_mode/

    Frank Williams, May 10, 2012

  3. On Fri, 11 May 2012 14:05:48 +1200, Crash McBash
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 10 May 2012 17:46:41 +1200, Frank Williams
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.fyx.co.nz
    >>
    >>$34.34/Month + 34c/GB

    >What's your point Roger?

    That every one here but a few are Idiots, so why the Post..?

    Frank Williams, May 11, 2012
  4. Frank Williams

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 11 May 2012 18:56:29 +1200, Frank Williams
    <> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >On Fri, 11 May 2012 14:05:48 +1200, Crash McBash
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 10 May 2012 17:46:41 +1200, Frank Williams
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>http://www.fyx.co.nz
    >>>
    >>>$34.34/Month + 34c/GB

    >>What's your point Roger?

    >That every one here but a few are Idiots, so why the Post..?

    Can someone please translate this into English?

    Donchano, May 11, 2012
  5. On Fri, 11 May 2012 20:16:15 +1200, "Blade Runner"
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 10 May 2012 17:46:41 +1200, Frank Williams wrote:
    >
    >> New Global ISP

    >FYX is not a global ISP. FYX is a Kiwi ISP, with a feature that FYX calls "global mode".
    >
    >You don't need to change your ISP to get this "global mode" feature. Just sign up with
    >Unotelly or Unblock-Us for less than USD5 a month.

    Why should I do that when there is a Free one but for the UK..

    Frank Williams, May 11, 2012
  6. Frank Williams

    Katipo Guest

    I assume they keep your credit card details on computer somewhere?

    Katipo, May 11, 2012
  7. Frank Williams

    Guest

    On Sat, 12 May 2012 09:44:44 +1200, "Katipo"
    <> wrote:

    >I assume they keep your credit card details on computer somewhere?

    Of course - where else do you think all banks and traders storing
    credt card details keep them?

    , May 11, 2012
  8. Frank Williams

    Fred(2) Guest

    On May 10, 5:46 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > http://www.fyx.co.nz
    >
    > $34.34/Month  + 34c/GB

    Well, blow me down for a row of ashcans..............
    Fred(2)

    Fred(2), May 11, 2012
  9. Frank Williams

    Guest

    <> wrote:

    >http://www.fyx.co.nz
    >
    >$34.34/Month + 34c/GB

    http://www.voxy.co.nz/business/fyx-isp-withdraws-global-mode-service-market/5/123171
    Friday, 11 May, 2012 - 18:14
    Statement from to Chief FYX-er, Andrew Schick:

    New ISP FYX has made a decision to withdraw its popular 'global mode'
    service from the market for the time being.

    FYX sincerely apologises to our customers and the New Zealand internet
    community for putting a halt to 'global mode,' which will happen
    tonight at 11.59pm.

    While legal opinions have supported FYX's global mode under New
    Zealand law, there are matters that require further consideration
    before continuing the service.

    FYX customers are currently being contacted.

    Future and existing customers wishing to continue with FYX will pay a
    new, reduced price of $30.30 per month, with $0.30 per GB for data.

    FYX is committed to delivering great internet and will continue to
    work for the benefit of New Zealand consumers.

    , May 11, 2012
  10. Frank Williams

    Blade Runner Guest

    On Fri, 11 May 2012 21:10:32 +1200, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 11 May 2012 20:16:15 +1200, "Blade Runner"
    > <> wrote:
    >> On Thu, 10 May 2012 17:46:41 +1200, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>
    >>> New Global ISP

    >> FYX is not a global ISP. FYX is a Kiwi ISP, with a feature that FYX calls "global mode".
    >>
    >> You don't need to change your ISP to get this "global mode" feature. Just sign up with
    >> Unotelly or Unblock-Us for less than USD5 a month.

    Unotelly has a free option.

    > Why should I do that when there is a Free one but for the UK..

    Why should I care about your FYX when there is a free "global mode" but for the UK.

    Blade Runner, May 12, 2012
  11. Frank Williams

    Katipo Guest

    <> wrote:

    >I assume they keep your credit card details on computer somewhere?

    > Of course - where else do you think all banks and traders storing
    > credt card details keep them?

    Naturally. The problem is credit card is the only payment option for this
    outfit - totally bizarre for an ISP!

    Katipo, May 12, 2012
  12. Frank Williams

    Donchano Guest

    On Sat, 12 May 2012 12:48:29 +1200, "Katipo"
    <> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >wrote in message news:...
    >
    >On Sat, 12 May 2012 09:44:44 +1200, "Katipo"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I assume they keep your credit card details on computer somewhere?

    >> Of course - where else do you think all banks and traders storing
    >> credt card details keep them?

    >Naturally. The problem is credit card is the only payment option for this
    >outfit - totally bizarre for an ISP!

    I find that odd, but not worrying because I use a debit card.. For
    example, my Usenet provider (Individual.net) uses ClickandBuy, PayPal
    and BankTransfer. I renew using a Visa Debit card via PayPal.

    Donchano, May 12, 2012
  13. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-05-10, Frank Williams <> wrote:

    > http://www.fyx.co.nz
    >
    > $34.34/Month + 34c/GB

    Darn it all Woger, hits the bulls eye.

    A very interesting concept, and it is really nothing more than the Internet
    showing its age. In a $ kind of a way.

    Gordon, May 13, 2012
  14. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-05-12, Donchano <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 12 May 2012 12:48:29 +1200, "Katipo"
    ><> shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >

    >>wrote in message news:...
    >>
    >>On Sat, 12 May 2012 09:44:44 +1200, "Katipo"
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I assume they keep your credit card details on computer somewhere?

    >>> Of course - where else do you think all banks and traders storing
    >>> credt card details keep them?

    >>Naturally. The problem is credit card is the only payment option for this
    >>outfit - totally bizarre for an ISP!

    > I find that odd, but not worrying because I use a debit card.. For
    > example, my Usenet provider (Individual.net) uses ClickandBuy, PayPal
    > and BankTransfer. I renew using a Visa Debit card via PayPal.

    Hint a debit card is nothing more than the banks finally catching up with
    social demands, while protecting their fat arses.

    Gordon, May 13, 2012
  15. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-05-11, Blade Runner <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 10 May 2012 17:46:41 +1200, Frank Williams wrote:
    >
    >> New Global ISP

    > FYX is not a global ISP. FYX is a Kiwi ISP, with a feature that FYX calls "global mode".
    >
    > You don't need to change your ISP to get this "global mode" feature. Just sign up with
    > Unotelly or Unblock-Us for less than USD5 a month.

    just the same as happened with th POTS. (plain old telephone system)

    Gordon, May 13, 2012
  16. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-05-11, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 11 May 2012 14:05:48 +1200, Crash McBash
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 10 May 2012 17:46:41 +1200, Frank Williams
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>http://www.fyx.co.nz
    >>>
    >>>$34.34/Month + 34c/GB

    >>What's your point Roger?

    > That every one here but a few are Idiots, so why the Post..?

    Roger, you might like to answer your own question. Please go ahead.

    Gordon, May 13, 2012
  17. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-05-11, Donchano <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 11 May 2012 18:56:29 +1200, Frank Williams
    ><> shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >>On Fri, 11 May 2012 14:05:48 +1200, Crash McBash
    >><> wrote:

    >>>What's your point Roger?

    >>That every one here but a few are Idiots, so why the Post..?

    > Can someone please translate this into English?

    Bugger off.

    Gordon, May 13, 2012
  18. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-05-11, EMB <> wrote:
    > On 11/05/2012 6:58 p.m., Donchano wrote:
    >>
    >> On Fri, 11 May 2012 18:56:29 +1200, Frank Williams

    >>> That every one here but a few are Idiots, so why the Post..?

    >> Can someone please translate this into English?

    > Woger may be English, but he sure as hell can't write it.

    Next move is to play the person not the ball.

    Gordon, May 13, 2012
  19. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-05-10, EMB <> wrote:
    > On 10/05/2012 5:46 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    >>

    >> http://www.fyx.co.nz
    >>
    >> $34.34/Month + 34c/GB

    > And quite how is this good? Telecom Total Home gets me 80GB, a phone
    > line, and unlimited national calling for $105/month.
    >
    > 80GB with the crowd you're spamming will cost me $61.54, and I'll still
    > want a landline which will cost me $46. that's $107.54 and I've lost my
    > national calling.
    >
    > I could take their naked DSL option at $86.54, add a VOIP line from
    > 2Talk at $23 to get my national calling back (with the amount we use)
    > and pay $109.54, but I'm still losing money.
    >
    > Oh, would you like to upgrade my alarm to communicate via IP as well?
    > And what about the static IP that they can't provide?
    >
    > As usual Woger, you have backed a lemon. Go back to your Playstation
    > you silly boy.

    And what happens if one does not suck like a porn star? The taste is is not
    always sweet.

    Gordon, May 13, 2012
  20. Frank Williams

    Donchano Guest

    On 13 May 2012 04:46:26 GMT, Gordon <> shouted from
    the highest rooftop:

    >On 2012-05-12, Donchano <> wrote:
    >>
    >> On Sat, 12 May 2012 12:48:29 +1200, "Katipo"
    >><> shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >>

    >>>wrote in message news:...

    >>>Naturally. The problem is credit card is the only payment option for this
    >>>outfit - totally bizarre for an ISP!

    >> I find that odd, but not worrying because I use a debit card.. For
    >> example, my Usenet provider (Individual.net) uses ClickandBuy, PayPal
    >> and BankTransfer. I renew using a Visa Debit card via PayPal.

    >Hint a debit card is nothing more than the banks finally catching up with
    >social demands, while protecting their fat arses.

    So what?

    Donchano, May 13, 2012