New Gigaset Firmware Available

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by PajaP, Mar 17, 2010.

  1. PajaP

    PajaP Guest

    http://gigaset.com/medias/sys_master/readme_S6x5_IP_C47x_IP_en_de_V02223.txt

    Gigaset C470 IP / C475 IP / S675 IP / S685 IP - Firmware update 03/2010
    (version 02223)

    New features:

    * Web Configurator (Settings/Telephony/Advanced Settings/Call
    Transfer): attended and unattended call transfer implemented.
    * Web Configurator (Settings/Telephony/Audio): configurable codec
    list for Gigaset.net telephony implemented.
    * Auto-configuration using the MAC address for retail variants
    implemented.

    Improvements:

    * Instability issue generated during G.722 Codec negotiation, when a SIP
    "183 Session Progress" Message is received, is fixed.
    * Negotiation of speech codec after ending an external consultation call
    between a wideband capable (G.722 codec) and a narrowband capable phone
    is improved.
    * Registration of more than 5 SIP accounts is possible again.
    * "MWI key is permanently flashing" issue is fixed.
    * MWI notification for incoming SMS via IP.*
    * Improvement for Gigaset auto-configuration using TLS encryption.*/**
    * PSTN: Local Area Code will be added to the dialled number if the usage
    of Area Codes is enabled in the appropriate dialling rule.
    * Switzerland: Set [tel.search.ch] as default provider for the online
    directory.
    * Russia: Improvements for calls with Russian Caller ID.

    * provider-dependent
    ** device-dependent

    How to update the firmware:

    You don't need to download files. The firmware is updated directly
    online by the Gigaset C470 IP / C475 IP / S675 IP / S685 IP. You can
    easily initiate the update by three steps:

    2. Enter base station system PIN (default setting: 0000)
    3. Press the display key "Yes" to start the download If your firmware is
    already up to date, the handset informs you. No action is needed then.

    How to check for your firmware version:

    indicate the number of the firmware update
    entry number 4. The first 5 digits indicate the number of the firmware
    update
    PajaP, Mar 17, 2010

  2. PajaP

    Paul_Jones Guest

    On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:26:10 +0000, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
    <> wrote:

    >Just installed it...
    >As voipfone suggested NOT to install the previous firmware release 2
    >days after I'd installed it and there was no way of going back I'm
    >hoping that this will fix whatever problems the previous release
    >injected into the phone.
    >
    >Fingers crossed....

    Oh yes, I remember that :)

    I installed it just before 6:00am today and no issues at all.
    The only thing that we will find useful here is the Local Area Code
    support being added. Just have to get myself out the habit of dialling
    the local code now.
    Paul_Jones, Mar 17, 2010

  3. PajaP

    Graham. Guest

    > So far the phones have been pretty stable here all day. Although it is
    > Wanky Wednesday which is always quiet on the phones and for our business
    > in general.

    I've got this image in my head of your customers using a vibrating belt
    exercise machine for a purpose it wasn't designed for ;-)

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Mar 17, 2010
  4. PajaP

    alexd Guest

    On 17/03/10 21:53, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
    > Graham. wrote:

    >> I've got this image in my head of your customers using a vibrating belt
    >> exercise machine for a purpose it wasn't designed for ;-)

    > Making frothy protein shakes?
    > :-D

    Ah, is /that/ what you call it?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    16:41:17 up 43 days, 16:44, 3 users, load average: 0.25, 0.17, 0.11
    alexd, Mar 19, 2010