    affect us? I was planning on getting my MCSD shortly after but if i'm
    going to have to retake a bunch of courses I just might wait and settle
    with an MCAD...
    Mok, Nov 18, 2005

  2. Mok

    Guest

    Mok wrote:
    > Have you guys seen it up on microsofts website? I am about to get my
    > MCAD in January and was wondering how do you guys think this will
    > affect us? I was planning on getting my MCSD shortly after but if i'm
    > going to have to retake a bunch of courses I just might wait and settle
    > with an MCAD...

    You can take the current MCSD exams and then upgrade to the new certs
    later on once you have the experience. It would only be wasted if it
    didn't benefit you in either your place of employment or career.
    , Nov 18, 2005

  3. Personally I would drop MCSD and start studying 2.0

    I am in the exact same boat and started studying for 70-229 but it seems
    like such a waste to me at this point not to mention it appears the new
    version of MCSD will not have a database exam anyway.

    It apears they have gotten rid of the server family option part of the new
    cert process. Besides I get a feeling that "distrubuted" part of the new cert
    is going to be a mother!

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=, Nov 22, 2005
  4. Mok

    Cerebrus99 Guest

    Hi Mok,

    I assume you also checked out the FAQ's page (don't have the URL with
    me right now). I had the same anxiousness about this and it cleared all
    doubts in my mind. Upgrading will be necessary anyway, but only because
    the new degrees would be in more demand, not because of pressure from
    Microsoft.

    That's what I think,

    Regards,

    Cerebrus
    Cerebrus99, Nov 22, 2005
  5. Mok

    Mok Guest

    Hello,

    Yeah I checked out the certification site. The upgrade path for the
    MCAD shouldn't be a problem. It seems that a few people are going to
    wait before upgrading from an MCAD to a MCSD to the MCPD: Enterprise
    Applications Developer or just skipping the MCSD and doing the MCPD:
    Enterprise Applications Developer...

    Marc
    Mok, Nov 23, 2005