    other laptops and one PDA that connect to this router seamlessly.
    Gateway tech support says it is not their problem. Running Windows xp
    media center. Does anyone know where I can begin?

    Peter Welk, Dec 30, 2006

  2. Peter Welk

    David Hettel Guest

    Well how far away is the laptop from the router?

    It's possible that you've enabled a MAC list on the wireless router, and the
    Dell is not listed.

    Have you restarted the wireless router after removing the security?

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Dec 30, 2006

  3. Peter Welk

    Peter Welk Guest

    David,
    Thanks for your reply. The gateway is about 2 feet from the router. I
    have reset the router several times. The MAC filter has always been
    disable. In all my attempts my other laptops connect ie. Dell and
    Averatec. Gateway sees the wireless but will not connect. Also tried
    fiddling with the settings of the Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter
    Properties under the Advance tab. No luck. Any other ideas?
    Thanks...Peter

    Peter Welk, Jan 1, 2007
  4. Peter Welk

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Jan 1, 2007
  5. Peter Welk

    Peter Welk Guest

    Barb,
    Thanks for the reply. Hours of trouble shooting this I did a firmware
    upgrade on the USR router and the gateway laptop connected immediately.
    I am still unclear what the issues are. I have 4 other laptops which
    connected to this router with no problem. Anyway, I am up and running.

    thanks...Peter

    Peter Welk, Jan 2, 2007

    =?Utf-8?B?SyBEb2xhbg==?=, Jan 9, 2007