New Free, Powerful Image Editor

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by robnelsonxx2@yahoo.com, Jul 5, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    We're just releasing a new, powerful editor for free -- It's called
    LightBox, and have some very powerful features, like advanced auto
    balance, red-eye removal with face detection, something we call "smart
    contrast" that is amazing, and all operations are in 48-bits. It is
    extremely fast and fluid, and is basically does for free the same core
    functions (and more) as Adobe Elements, be we think we in an easier,
    better way for the most part. And it's free.

    It's basically an image editor for people who don't like image
    editors. It has all of the power and is very easy to use.

    We'd love to get some samples from people that we can use to show what
    our editor can do. We'll be happy to send the results to you. All
    information (and the download) can be found at

    http://www.lightboxeditor.com/beta.html

    It's completely free. No adware, spyware, never expires. extremely
    easy to install and remove, and you can just copy the .exe and give it
    to anyone.

    Thanks,

    Rob Nelson
    www.lightboxeditor.com (can be reached at rob@...)
    www.lightboxedior.com/beta.html

    , Jul 5, 2008

  2. Hans Kruse Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > We're just releasing a new, powerful editor for free -- It's called
    > LightBox, and have some very powerful features, like advanced auto
    > balance, red-eye removal with face detection, something we call "smart
    > contrast" that is amazing, and all operations are in 48-bits. It is
    > extremely fast and fluid, and is basically does for free the same core
    > functions (and more) as Adobe Elements, be we think we in an easier,
    > better way for the most part. And it's free.
    >
    > It's basically an image editor for people who don't like image
    > editors. It has all of the power and is very easy to use.
    >
    > We'd love to get some samples from people that we can use to show what
    > our editor can do. We'll be happy to send the results to you. All
    > information (and the download) can be found at
    >

    > http://www.lightboxeditor.com/beta.html
    >
    > It's completely free. No adware, spyware, never expires. extremely
    > easy to install and remove, and you can just copy the .exe and give it
    > to anyone.

    This sounds great and I think that a pixel editor along the lines of the
    above would be a very nice addition to Adobe Lightroom. I tried Lightbox and
    it has some issues that I have e-mail'ed to you. One issue is to be able to
    automatically open a file from Lightroom in Lightbox via the external editor
    interface. This doesn't quite work at the moment. The other is color
    management which is entirely lacking as far as I can tell.

    --
    Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards,
    Hans Kruse www.hanskruse.com, http://hans-kruse.blogspot.com/

    Hans Kruse, Jul 6, 2008

  3. Rob Guest

    On Jul 6, 8:55 am, "Hans Kruse" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > Hi,

    > > We're just releasing a new, powerful editor for free -- It's called
    > > LightBox, and have some very powerful features, like advanced auto
    > > balance, red-eye removal with face detection, something we call "smart
    > > contrast" that is amazing, and all operations are in 48-bits.  It is
    > > extremely fast and fluid, and is basically does for free the same core
    > > functions (and more) as Adobe Elements, be we think we in an easier,
    > > better way for the most part.  And it's free.

    > > It's basically an image editor for people who don't like image
    > > editors.  It has all of the power and is very easy to use.

    > > We'd love to get some samples from people that we can use to show what
    > > our editor can do.  We'll be happy to send the results to you.  All
    > > information (and the download) can be found at

    > >http://www.lightboxeditor.com/beta.html

    > > It's completely free.  No adware, spyware, never expires. extremely
    > > easy to install and remove, and you can just copy the .exe and give it
    > > to anyone.

    > This sounds great and I think that a pixel editor along the lines of the
    > above would be a very nice addition to Adobe Lightroom. I tried Lightbox and
    > it has some issues that I have e-mail'ed to you. One issue is to be able to
    > automatically open a file from Lightroom in Lightbox via the external editor
    > interface. This doesn't quite work at the moment. The other is color
    > management which is entirely lacking as far as I can tell.
    >
    > --
    > Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards,
    > Hans Kruse  www.hanskruse.com,http://hans-kruse.blogspot.com/- Hide quoted text -

    Hi,Hans.

    Here's the reply I sent to your e-mail (the parts that pertain to the
    usenet message). If more people we're interested, I'd definitely
    look into it... :

    -->

    Hi, Hans.

    Thanks for the e-mail. Right now, it doesn't color manage at all. It
    was started as a simple editor and then grew into something bigger.
    The target audience was originally people who don't really like the
    complicated editors and really still is that market. Version 2 was
    planned to have the more professional appeal.

    Though, I do have a couple comments... The .tiff file should have been
    opened upon launch. I will look into this and fix it if I can find
    the problem. LightBox should respond to "LightBox <Filename>" or you
    can paste in anything from the clipboard, 8-, 24-, 32-, or 48- bits.

    With the color management, I am thinking about supporting that, but it
    may not be within the scope of the current version.

    Thanks for the comments.

    Rob

    Rob, Jul 6, 2008