New ForceWare 77.72 drivers released

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Rick, Jun 22, 2005.

  1. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Rick, Jun 22, 2005

  2. i have just installed these drivers , it says non WHQL Candidate

    =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=, Jun 22, 2005

  3. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Cal your local clergyman and file a complaint! Or, you could let nVidia
    know about the discrepancy since they are the ones that wrote and
    released the drivers! There is nothing I can do about it!

    Do they work?

    Rick, Jun 22, 2005
  4. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Actually you need to either clean your glasses or take remedial classes
    in reading comprehension!

    I just loaded the driver in bot XP Pro and x64. The message is that the
    driver "has not passed Windows Logo Testing..." That is a very distinct
    difference than stating it is a "non WHQL Candidate."

    Do you have any idea what you really mean??

    Ignorant Russ got up from the bar and shouted:

    Rick, Jun 22, 2005
  5. well you don't thats for sure , it said that when i installed them (check for
    WHQL signitures)

    =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=, Jun 23, 2005
  6. Rick

    DKI Guest

    Give it a few days or weeks those drivers will be just the candit versions
    which mean there not whql and qut are under going testing at this time for
    whql testing and then nvidia will pull these ones down and update them with
    the WHQL versions when they pass the requirements to recive WHQL statis

    DKI, Jun 23, 2005
  7. Rick

    Guest

    On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 01:03:39 +0100, "DKI" <> wrote:

    >Give it a few days or weeks those drivers will be just the candit versions
    >which mean there not whql and qut are under going testing at this time for
    >whql testing and then nvidia will pull these ones down and update them with
    >the WHQL versions when they pass the requirements to recive WHQL statis

    This release didn't work for me. Windoze Media Player rendered a
    washed out appearence until I rolled back to the previous release
    drivers. AMD64 and GForce FX5200 here........

    , Jun 23, 2005
  8. Rick

    formerprof Guest

    Here's the fix for the "washed out" appearance. I think it's a gamma
    problem.

    Open the nVidia control panel/color correction tab. Set color profile to
    advanced mode. Set "apply color profile changes" to "ALL". Press "Apply" and
    it's fixed.

    formerprof

    formerprof, Jun 23, 2005
  9. Rick

    James Park Guest

    Yeah, that overlay gamma default is crazy. The slider for it doesn't work
    well either. They should fix that and bring back the refresh rate overrides.
    I'd be a happy guy.

    James Park, Jun 23, 2005
  10. Rick

    Rick Guest

    It does not tell you the driver is a "non WHQL Candidate." It tells you
    the driver is not WHQL certified, and that's what nVidia means when it
    says the driver is a "WHQL Candidate."

    It means the driver has been submitted to Microsoft for WHQL
    certification. The system has no idea whether the driver is a candidate
    or not, all it determines is whether the driver is WHQL certified and
    advises you the driver has not been certified if the appropriate file
    and/or digital signature is not in the driver package certifying the driver.

    Rick, Jun 23, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=, Jun 23, 2005
  12. Rick

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks for the post.

    John Barnes, Jun 23, 2005
  13. John Barnes <> wrote:
    > Thanks for the post.
    >

    > "Rick" <> wrote in message
    >> At: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_77.72.html
    >>
    >> Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
    >> Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
    >>
    >> ForceWare Logo (200 x 30)
    >>
    >> Version: 77.72
    >> Release Date: June 22, 2005
    >> WHQL Candidate

    Doesn't work with GeForce4 4600, only with 6 and up... :(
    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 23, 2005
  14. Rick

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:17:41 +0200, "Christian Hougardy"
    <> wrote:

    >Doesn't work with GeForce4 4600, only with 6 and up... :(

    Time to upgrade to 7800 then, Christian :)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jun 23, 2005
  15. Jud Hendrix <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:17:41 +0200, "Christian Hougardy"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Doesn't work with GeForce4 4600, only with 6 and up... :(

    > Time to upgrade to 7800 then, Christian :)
    >
    > jud

    I send you my account # right now ;)

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 23, 2005
  16. Rick

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 23:16:12 +0200, "Christian Hougardy"
    <> wrote:

    >I send you my account # right now ;)

    OK. I need $1000 in advance, to be able to put enough money in my
    bank-account to be able to do international transfers.
    I'll e-mail you my address to sent the cheque to.

    jud

    (always tries this with Nigerian scam,
    but they are smarter then I thought)

    Jud Hendrix, Jun 23, 2005
  17. Just wait by September it will cost less than $200.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 24, 2005
  18. Christian Hougardy, Jun 24, 2005
  19. Rick

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:12:14 +0200, "Christian Hougardy"
    <> wrote:

    >Andre Da Costa [Extended64] <> wrote:
    >> Just wait by September it will cost less than $200.

    >I'm relieved...

    But by that time you want to have the 8800 of course :)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jun 24, 2005
  20. You are not making it any better Jud! ;)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 24, 2005