New FISMA Information Assurance Tool - xbasics Ulinzi

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by eeajam@gmail.com, May 16, 2008.

  1. Guest

    xbasics Ulinzi is a new Information Assurance tool focusing
    exclusively on FISMA. It implements the first two major steps needed
    to be accomplished for any successful FISMA Information Assurance
    effort: the Security Categorization of a given information system and
    the analysis and development of a compliant set of Security Controls
    for it. It is this effort that has gotten so many federal agencies
    and contractors in trouble so many times, and yet this work continues
    year after year implemented in the same manner. xbasics Ulinzi was
    designed to change this.

    xbasics Ulinzi is a new type of tool built from the ground up to
    simplify, speed up and help users of all skill levels produce a
    compliant set of FISMA Security Controls. It is a direct
    implementation of all the corresponding NIST-developed standards and
    guidelines, and therefore it not only contains all the data provided
    in the NIST documents inside of it, but it also helps users implement
    this effort as NIST intended. But this is just the tip of the
    iceberg...

    For more information visit, http://xbasics.com/products/

    , May 16, 2008

  2. From: <>

    | xbasics Ulinzi is a new Information Assurance tool focusing
    | exclusively on FISMA. It implements the first two major steps needed
    | to be accomplished for any successful FISMA Information Assurance
    | effort: the Security Categorization of a given information system and
    | the analysis and development of a compliant set of Security Controls
    | for it. It is this effort that has gotten so many federal agencies
    | and contractors in trouble so many times, and yet this work continues
    | year after year implemented in the same manner. xbasics Ulinzi was
    | designed to change this.

    | xbasics Ulinzi is a new type of tool built from the ground up to
    | simplify, speed up and help users of all skill levels produce a
    | compliant set of FISMA Security Controls. It is a direct
    | implementation of all the corresponding NIST-developed standards and
    | guidelines, and therefore it not only contains all the data provided
    | in the NIST documents inside of it, but it also helps users implement
    | this effort as NIST intended. But this is just the tip of the
    | iceberg...

    Since it was spammed it should be AVOIDED !

    --
    Dave

    David H. Lipman, May 16, 2008

  3. Guest

    > Since it was spammed it should be AVOIDED !

    Hi Dave! Could you be a little bit more explicit as to how do you
    *magically* believe this tool was spammed? Based on what real
    fact(s)? This is probably one of the most secure tools around, so I
    would love to find out where you got your data from!

    , May 20, 2008
  4. David H. Lipman, May 20, 2008
  5. Guest

    On May 19, 7:32 pm, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~>
    wrote:
    > From: <>
    >
    > | Hi Dave!  Could you be a little bit more explicit as to how do you
    > | *magically* believe this tool was spammed?  Based on what real
    > | fact(s)?  This is probably one of the most secure tools around, so I
    > | would love to find out where you got your data from!
    >
    > Your spam post using a GMail account through Google Groups.
    >
    > --
    > Davehttp://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
    > Multi-AV -http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    In other words, there's no basis for the original statement. It's
    just plain old FUD!

    , May 20, 2008
  6. Guest

    So there's no basis for your statement! It's just FUD!

    , May 20, 2008
  7. David H. Lipman, May 20, 2008
  8. Guest

    Dave, are you're saying posts on public newsgroups are actually
    solicited? Please explain me how this works so I'll know?

    , May 20, 2008
  9. From: <>

    | Dave, are you're saying posts on public newsgroups are actually
    | solicited? Please explain me how this works so I'll know?

    If someone poses a problem or question and you reply with a solution, it is solicited.

    Now if someone was looking for a FIPS compliant IA tool and you responded with Ulinzi as a
    possible solution, that would not be spam.

    --
    Dave

    David H. Lipman, May 20, 2008
  10. Guest

    Well, I see posts about conferences, seminars, and other tools within
    this newsgroup, and I don't see you stating anything about spam in
    those posts. According to your statements, that would be unsolited
    newsgroup entries and they should be labeled as spam, but you haven't
    done that have you? I haven't seen anyone requesting information
    about any particular conference, for example, but the post is there.
    And it should be there as this is a public forum, that post is within
    the topic of the forum and it targets the interest of the readers.
    What's the problem with that?

    , May 20, 2008
  11. Guest

    Well, I see posts about conferences, seminars, and other tools within
    this newsgroup, and I don't see you stating anything about spam in
    those posts. According to your statements, that would be unsolicited

  12. From: <>

    | Well, I see posts about conferences, seminars, and other tools within
    | this newsgroup, and I don't see you stating anything about spam in
    | those posts. According to your statements, that would be unsolited
    | newsgroup entries and they should be labeled as spam, but you haven't
    | done that have you? I haven't seen anyone requesting information
    | about any particular conference, for example, but the post is there.
    | And it should be there as this is a public forum, that post is within
    | the topic of the forum and it targets the interest of the readers.
    | What's the problem with that?

    One word - product.

    --
    Dave

    David H. Lipman, May 20, 2008
  13. Guest

    So, you're saying information about conferences, seminars, websites or
    any tool whatsoever, regardless if they are within the topic of the
    newsgroup should not be allowed, as they are advertisements?

    , May 20, 2008
  14. Guest

    > One word - product.

    What about the product advertised at the bottom of your emails?
    Again, you're not being fair here!

    , May 20, 2008
  15. Ken Guest

    On Tue, 20 May 2008 01:43:16 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
    <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

    >From: <>
    >
    >| Dave, are you're saying posts on public newsgroups are actually
    >| solicited? Please explain me how this works so I'll know?
    >
    >If someone poses a problem or question and you reply with a solution, it is solicited.
    >
    >Now if someone was looking for a FIPS compliant IA tool and you responded with Ulinzi as a
    >possible solution, that would not be spam.

    David, ONE posting, politely worded, to an appropriate newsgroup does
    not constitute spam. It is an informative message to the readers of
    that group. You are at liberty to ignore it or not.

    A message to dozens of groups, or a message oft repeated, or a blatant
    advert full of puffed up language, does constitute spam and should be
    attacked accordingly. Would you say that someone who responds to all,
    or a majority of, enquiries with the same recommended product as a
    spammer?

    Ken, May 20, 2008
  16. David H. Lipman, May 20, 2008
  17. From: "Ken" <>

    | David, ONE posting, politely worded, to an appropriate newsgroup does
    | not constitute spam. It is an informative message to the readers of
    | that group. You are at liberty to ignore it or not.
    |
    | A message to dozens of groups, or a message oft repeated, or a blatant
    | advert full of puffed up language, does constitute spam and should be
    | attacked accordingly. Would you say that someone who responds to all,
    | or a majority of, enquiries with the same recommended product as a
    | spammer?

    Granted - one noted post. Lets teach the Google Grouper such that its is wrong so it such
    actions are repeated numerously.

    Yes, if someone posted the SAME response top numerous posts with the same content it might
    be considered spam but more like a shill.

    --
    Dave

    David H. Lipman, May 20, 2008
  18. wrote:
    > Well, I see posts about conferences, seminars, and other tools within
    > this newsgroup, and I don't see you stating anything about spam in
    > those posts. According to your statements, that would be unsolited
    > newsgroup entries and they should be labeled as spam, but you haven't
    > done that have you? I haven't seen anyone requesting information
    > about any particular conference, for example, but the post is there.
    > And it should be there as this is a public forum, that post is within
    > the topic of the forum and it targets the interest of the readers.
    > What's the problem with that?

    It fails multiple ethical tests. Wanna prove it to yerself? Try
    following an active group with zero spam filtering.

    Cheers.

    Kyle T. Jones, Jun 24, 2008